Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

wireing question (urgent)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Da Funk Docta, Aug 30, 2004.

1. I have a wiring diagram that i dont quite understand. I'm gonna start in like a few days or so, but i dont understand how to split the green wire like it says to. I dont want to mess anything up seeing as how my green wire is comeing out of my pickup and all. should i put a little hole in the rubber of the wire and then solder a new wire to that, and from that wire to the diffrent solder point?
    thanks in advance!

[​IMG]

2. phatcactus

phatcactus

Apr 2, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that wire from the right-most volume pot lug is connected to the pot casing, not the green wire. That is one confusing diagram you've got there. Were I you, I'd redraw it, both for clarity and to double-check that you know how it's gonna work.

3. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Hi, I'm not quite sure if I'm understanding you, but you'd solder the green wire and another wire together on the terminal of the switch and solder the other end of the new wire were it's supposed to go. You can twist the wires together and fit them into the slot, then solder.

4. thanks for the replys, but i dont think it would work, because the green wire has to be soldered in 4 places, so i was thinking that i should solder other wires to the wire to solder it that way, but i'm just not sure if it works that way or not....
    the diagram is really confuseing...

5. Tim__x

Tim__x

Aug 13, 2002
    Alberta, Canada
    Wire it to the switch and then use a new piece of wire for each additional solder point, like this

Edit: Just like Schwinn said.

6. thanks alot, i understand now :)

thanks for all the quick replys, ill post how it turns out