1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wireless cord?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by pushbuttonfour, Feb 28, 2013.

1. pushbuttonfour

pushbuttonfour

Dec 20, 2012
    IS there a product on the market that connects your guitar to your amp wirelessly?

2. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Yes.

Do a TB search for "wireless" or for "G50" and you will find tons of information.

3. pushbuttonfour

pushbuttonfour

Dec 20, 2012
    thanks.

4. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    You're looking for what is commonly referred to as "wireless"

Line 6 G30/G50/G55/G90 are some of the better units out there. Most bassists on this site have a G30 or G50. I have a G50.

There are many others as well, and some new units that haven't come out yet that look very promising.

5. Dynastes

Dynastes

Jun 22, 2002
    Denmark
    Which new ones? Looking to invest in a G30'ish solution this summer...

6. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I don't remember the model, but it's a Shure. There is a thread about it somewhere. I'll see if I can dig it up later.

IIRC it uses rechargeable batteries.

7. tkonbass

tkonbass I'm just one of the out-of-focus guys. Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2012
    Mobile, Alabama, USA
    Check out the Sennheiser units also. Very solid performer.

8. Do a search for black magic guitar/amp interconnection.

9. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
  10. Kmonk

Kmonk

Oct 18, 2012
    South Shore, Massachusetts
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan, Nordstrand Pickups, Korg , Conquest Sound
    I have used Sennheiser wireless for years and have had great luck.

11. tubedrivenbass

tubedrivenbass

Jul 15, 2013
    I have a Line 6 G50. I'm very happy with it. Just get replacement cables for it if you decide to buy it. I bought my G50 off of eBay for $275 and got my replacement cables from www.line6cable.com.