1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

WoHoo!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MikeBass, Nov 1, 2005.

1. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    Some of you (not many as I just browse more than post these days) know that I sold off my Sadowsky's just a week ago. Actually to a pair of TB'rs.
    Anyway, my reason was I'm sorta getting out if it for a while. Well, more like not "backing up everyone else and making them sound good while having the satisfaction of being a real team player and making it swing like crazy". I do a lot of this. It's nice and all, but I need to find who/where I am right now.

Sold some gear, bought some gear, changing my focus and direction a bit. Ya dig?!?!?!

Never did I even come close to think that I would not own a Sadowsky. Heck, I still don't believe it!!

But none-the less I still have my holy grail, my old modded to hell Jazz Bass which will soon be housing a very sweet Sadowsky pre-amp. So I can still lay claim to the Sadowsky sound that I believe so much in!!

But, on to the good stuff!!!
    To help me change things up for a while I went ahead and did this:
    Smith6full.

I also went ahead and scored a killer Lakland 55-94 from a good friend and also a TB'r- KJung.
    Tabacco burst, birdseye fingerboard, quilt maple top, Seymore Duncan pick-ups. Sweet bass.
    I don't have a picture of it yet, but as soon as I get one I'll post it on up (Ken-you have a pix of the bass?)

Sometimes you gotta really shake things up a bit and see what happens. Try something different for a bit.
    I won't be playing out as much these days, but working in my little studio on my own thing.

Plus, I'm just waiting for the Metro PJ 5 to come out!!! ;)

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Those Smiths are killer. For me, my grail will either be a '60's Fender, a Smith or a Sadowsky.

You're all 'good in my book.

3. You're going to love the Lakland, theyre awesome basses. The one you got is the exact setup I want my American Lakland to be. Very nice looking Smith too. That things just screaming "I sound GOOD!"

4. That's a beauty! Good luck on the "direction". Gonna post some "sound" from the studio soon???

5. trainyourhuman

trainyourhuman

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    MIke. Awesome. Welcome to the fold of 6 string guys.

Don't forget you can back people up and swing like crazy on a 6!

6. That's Beautifull!!

7. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.

I visited planet six string before, but it didn't sit well with me at the time.
    I hope/feel this will be different.

It came today BTW, WHEW!!!!!!!!!!! Is it killin'!!!! :D

And yeah G, I know I still can get it done on a six, but I'm gonna pull back a bit and just work on some things that are a bit closer to my heart.

8. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Congrats! I love that Smith body shape. That's one of my few "Gotta have one someday" basses.

It looks like it's been a player's bass. I love boutique basses with serious player wear--you just know it's got the mojo. :hyper:

I just recently got rid of my Metro--I'm also waiting for a PJ Metro to be released at some point. I hope it takes a while so I can not have to worry about it for some time.... :bag:

Enjoy the new toy/tool/friend/lover. :ninja:

:eek: :D

9. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    thats what i reckon too...

that smith looks amazing, congraduations!