Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WoHoo!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MikeBass, Nov 1, 2005.

1. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Some of you (not many as I just browse more than post these days) know that I sold off my Sadowsky's just a week ago. Actually to a pair of TB'rs.
    Anyway, my reason was I'm sorta getting out if it for a while. Well, more like not "backing up everyone else and making them sound good while having the satisfaction of being a real team player and making it swing like crazy". I do a lot of this. It's nice and all, but I need to find who/where I am right now.

Sold some gear, bought some gear, changing my focus and direction a bit. Ya dig?!?!?!

Never did I even come close to think that I would not own a Sadowsky. Heck, I still don't believe it!!

But none-the less I still have my holy grail, my old modded to hell Jazz Bass which will soon be housing a very sweet Sadowsky pre-amp. So I can still lay claim to the Sadowsky sound that I believe so much in!!

But, on to the good stuff!!!
    To help me change things up for a while I went ahead and did this:
    [​IMG]

I also went ahead and scored a killer Lakland 55-94 from a good friend and also a TB'r- KJung.
    Tabacco burst, birdseye fingerboard, quilt maple top, Seymore Duncan pick-ups. Sweet bass.
    I don't have a picture of it yet, but as soon as I get one I'll post it on up (Ken-you have a pix of the bass?)

Sometimes you gotta really shake things up a bit and see what happens. Try something different for a bit.
    I won't be playing out as much these days, but working in my little studio on my own thing.

Plus, I'm just waiting for the Metro PJ 5 to come out!!! ;)

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Those Smiths are killer. For me, my grail will either be a '60's Fender, a Smith or a Sadowsky.

You're all 'good in my book.

3. You're going to love the Lakland, theyre awesome basses. The one you got is the exact setup I want my American Lakland to be. Very nice looking Smith too. That things just screaming "I sound GOOD!"

4. That's a beauty! Good luck on the "direction". Gonna post some "sound" from the studio soon???

5. trainyourhuman

trainyourhuman Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    MIke. Awesome. Welcome to the fold of 6 string guys.

Don't forget you can back people up and swing like crazy on a 6!

6. That's Beautifull!!

7. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove

I visited planet six string before, but it didn't sit well with me at the time.
    I hope/feel this will be different.

It came today BTW, WHEW!!!!!!!!!!! Is it killin'!!!! :D

And yeah G, I know I still can get it done on a six, but I'm gonna pull back a bit and just work on some things that are a bit closer to my heart.

8. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Congrats! I love that Smith body shape. That's one of my few "Gotta have one someday" basses.

It looks like it's been a player's bass. I love boutique basses with serious player wear--you just know it's got the mojo. :hyper:

I just recently got rid of my Metro--I'm also waiting for a PJ Metro to be released at some point. I hope it takes a while so I can not have to worry about it for some time.... :bag:

Enjoy the new toy/tool/friend/lover. :ninja:

:eek: :D

9. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    thats what i reckon too...

that smith looks amazing, congraduations!