1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WOULD YOU TRADE .....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BGOLDBASS, Aug 15, 2007.

1. BGOLDBASS

BGOLDBASS

Jul 31, 2007
    glen head,NY
    WOULD YOU TRADE

THIS BASS (MY CURRENT BASS)...

[​IMG]

FOR

THIS BASS (THE ONE I HAVE MY EYES ON)...

[​IMG]

I DONT HAVE THE CASH TO HAVE BOTH ....

OH WHAT TO DO ....

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Yes.

I would take a Fender Jazz over a Stingray. I have never felt particularly inspired by EBMM products (well, except inspired to make jokes about Bongos and toilet seats). However, some people love them. I think if you are happy with your Stingray and it does it for you, you should keep it. If you don't like it, or prefer a jazz, then what's the point in keeping it?

PS. I would also trade your Stingray for the ability to turn off your caps-lock key, but maybe that's just me! :D

3. Hell yeah! The only reason I say that is because I am a huge jazz bass fan and not so much of a ray fan. But there's my opinion.

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Mark already said what I was going to say, down to the last point!

5. BGOLDBASS

BGOLDBASS

Jul 31, 2007
    glen head,NY
    lol , sorry for the caps lock fellas....at work i type in all caps so i was slacking off at work , but forgot to slack off on the caps lock

6. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    ouch data entry!

:D

In short - The US Vintage RI Jazz is a better bass all around than the Stingray FOR ME. Not always for everybody, but that is a great jazz. My suggestions if you purchase it would be make it noiseless by shielding it, and possibly replacing the pickups with Nordstrand NJ4SV's. They sound very vintage to my ears but no noise makes them easy to use.