Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Xotic BB Booster

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Phyrexian, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Anyone tried this baby out? The guitar equivalent is awesome (Check out the user video's on their website)... This Xotic BB Booster looks like one hell of natural boost unit. Should work awesome with tube amps.

[​IMG]

2. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    I own it! Love it! But it's RC Booster. It does what you want it to do. It boosts and it leaves your sound exactly the same, just louder...
    I own the BB preamp to. It's killer distortion. Best two buys from 2005.
    But I do NOT own a tube amp. (Ashdown MAG 300) Don't know what it will do with a tube amp, but I guess the exact same. Just boosting, nothing more, nothing less.

3. Welkom op het forum, Willem. Waar heb je ze gekocht in België?

/back to English now.

4. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    HAHA didn't notice your Belgian too. I bought them @ Leo Caerts Leuven. They are really helpful about pedals. They have a lot. And when I went there they didn't have what I wanted to try, but they bought them all so I could pick the ones I wanted... Tought that was friendly.

Btw I organise a Metal festival in Overpelt. If you're willing to play, you can send me some mp3's until februari 15. willemleijssen@hotmail.com and www.andmetalforall.tk

5. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I'd be very tempted if i wanted a 2band eq / boost.

6. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    I've tried the RC guitar one on my rig (ashdown abm) and it kicked some real ass!!!

Btw, Belgian people rock!!!

Luik-tongeren Power,

Mine came from rik's rockshop in tongeren

7. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I don't have that one, but I do have the Xotic Bass BB preamp - which has a very nice overdrive. I have a bunch of other od/dist pedals, but with the eq this one makes for a very handy stand alone preamp/od pedal.

8. What's the difference between the preamp and the booster. They look very similar.

I wonder what was changed for the bass version if bassplayers already really liked the guitar version.

9. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  10. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    damned I neet to test those one out, having the two would be nice!! and they don't take much space!!

11. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    I don't think they changed much with the bass version, I tried them both. But I like black better then orange.

The difference between the two is actually that the preamp can give more gain. It can boost to! And the Booster can give a little crunch to your sound.
    I have both because I really need both :)

12. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    come on, I'm gassing on both And rik is going to let me try one out!!