yeah...wouldn't this hurt?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan

This can't be real.
  2. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    How much do you wanna bet?
  3. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    It's impossible, you can't hold those things if they are alive because they bite. The legs are suppose to be like needles too.
  4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Hard to bite someone when your head is being held still in a vice grip. If their legs were literally like needles, they'd get stuck in the ground every step they took. They may be really sharp, but since it weighs nothing, it wouldn't hurt unless it started thrashing around.
  5. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    That's one mighty cool looking... thing.
  6. Well, these hurt like a biotch when they bite too...believe me. I still have a wicked scar on my leg from it.

Dobsonfly.... yum.
  7. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    I knew a guy who kept one of these in a cage. One scary MFer.
  8. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
  9. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I want to get one for a little while. I think they would freak me out too much though after a while. Espically knowing they could always get loose.
  10. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    What. The. Hell. Is. That.

Do people keep these as pets? (Sorry for my ignorance!) Jesus, imagine if it escaped. My skin is crawling!

What actually is it though? It looks like some crazy centipede. On steroids.
  11. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Centipedes must be destroyed!!

brad cook
  12. Including all copies of Rebbie Jackson's song "centipede"...

"when a centipede is hot..."
  13. You think that's gonna hurt? Ha, you try picking up a pissed off senegal parrot.......their beaks make those things look SMALL.
  14. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

brad cook
  15. Que Berlin's "Take my breath away" ;)
  16. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Vietnamese Centipede, I think.

My friend had one, vicious little guys if you've ever seen one eat *shiver*. They move like the Dickens and can bite through clothing.

Insects are great for gross outs. That dobsonfly sent shivers down my spine.
  17. I know huh? I used to work in a factory building with an aqueduct sytem around the plant (not entirely uncommon) and that is where these bugs like to dwell, moist and dank and kinda dark.

Well, I'm packing up a shipment, and turn around and dropped something...that's when I noticed it on my leg (on shorts). Well, me being prone to freaking out like a little girl over this stuff, I stamp my foot to try to knock it off. Well, it got the better of me...instead of falling, he stopped his decent by chomping onto my leg. Hard. I had to brush it off me with a whack, and one of the pincers stayed in. Holy crap did that hurt.
  18. Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    How about a pissed off macaw (which is capable of taking your finger off)?!!!
  19. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    Note to self - Stay away from Vietnam.

I'm definitely not one for creepy crawlies :/
  20. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    The only time I ever want to get up close and personal with that is with the business end of my boots...