Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yellow strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by jaysun, Mar 7, 2006.

1. jaysun

jaysun

Dec 24, 2005
    ok i know dr extra life makes colored strings but i can't find yellow ones anywhere. Do any other companies make yellow strings? Or does anyone know where i can find yellow dr's?
    thanks

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    According to DR's website they don't make yellow stings. The closest that have are green

3. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    There's always Maxima/Optima Golds... if you can find them.

4. jaysun

jaysun

Dec 24, 2005
    any ideas where i can find them?

5. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
  6. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    DR will be releasing more colors later this year, yellow included, according to the guy at their NAMM booth. When, exactly, he didn't say.

The guy who makes the color coating sells them in all sorts of different colors, but I'm not sure where to get them. He sells them under the name of Rainbow strings. Can't speak for the quality, though--he gave me a pink set for a sample, but I can't get up the nerve to slap pink strings on my bass yet.

7. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
  8. jaysun

jaysun

Dec 24, 2005
    strings that lasted a year? wow. impressive. yeah they are 70 bucks on ebay too.

and pink strings on bass would be sweet. with a pink strap and a pink cable.

9. permadave

permadave

Jul 20, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    they would look totally sweet on my Hello Kitty Fender ;) jk