Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yes. I've seen it.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Page 58 of the new Bass Player mag.

I believe this is Bill Leigh's way of getting back at me for trashing BP a couple of months back. He reads the posts here, knows of my problem, and wants to stick it in my face and laugh his ass off. Now the whole world is gonna have one before me!

2. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
  3. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Can you elaborate Joe? A bad review of the bongo? A trashing of your band? :confused:

4. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    No, just that he can't have one!

5. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Someone made fun of Joe for not being able to afford a Bongo in BP? How much are those things anyway? If someone wants to be a punk I say we create the "Joe Nerve Bongo Fund" and donate enough to get him one. I'm down for ten bucks.

6. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Lol, no one made fun of him.

Page 58 is the BP Gear Review section, and they did the Bongo. Joe is joking that the reason that BP reviewed it is to flaunt it in his face, and now everyone else will go get one because of the review, and he still can't get one right now.

7. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    the one with Justin Meldal-Johnsen on the cover?

8. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Ooooooh. Don't I feel dumb. ;)

Nevermind then.

9. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    No, Pino Palladino and a teeny tiny little Randy Jackson.

10. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Yes.... Thats how we are talking about it and being able to look at what is on page 58.

11. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    hmm I'll pick it up tomorrow.

12. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    LOL!!! :D

13. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Why would anybody want a bass that looks like a retarded toilet seat anyways? :confused:

14. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    explain to me exactly howa toilet seat can be "retarded"? Go on, in interested to hear.

15. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    The real question is, why would we care of an opinion of someone who can't even read a tape measure? The use of the term "retarded" in a derogatory way IMO is offensive. If you would like to cause trouble, please go do it somewhere else with people more your own wavelength. You've proven time, and again to be a troll, and have displayed your thoughts on "us" negatively elsewhere. Why don't you pack your bags, and hit the road.

16. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said about me. :)

i started my own bongo fund for myself, putting money in an envelope. muffler went 2 days ago and so did the bongo envelope.

i gotta say, all kidding aside that i'm kinda proud of myself that i haven't done anything stupid yet. in the past i've borrowed money and gotten into trouble. i've had the cash on hand to buy the bongo yet knew i couldn't yet afford it and didn't go do it. i WILL have a bongo, i'm confident of it, but i'm doing it responsibly. dont' care if it takes me years. dumbest thing i'm doing is trying to sell my warwick. luckily nobody's even nibbled at that yet.

i stared at a picture of a sterling for 2 years before it actually came to fruition. i have patience.

ps on all of this. BP gave it a great review and I agree (after finally playing one for a while) with all that was said. i also think ernie ball basses can't be beat for quality and price.

17. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

Because everyone isn't quite as cool as you, Sport. :rolleyes:

Why would someone bother posting in a thread that obviously doesn't concern them? TV broken? No girls to talk to?

I'm with Joe on this one. I've got my GC credit card with a $0 balance and I'm holding off on getting a Bongo until I actually have the spare cash. I've fought hard recently to get my debt under control, and it's a nice feeling, so I'm not going to push it on the Bongo. Maybe they'll start showing up used soon. :hyper:

18. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Keep savin' Joe! By the time you have almost enough $ for a new Bongo, you'll cross paths with a mint used one, or one on sale with a closeout or blowout price. Then you'll have your Bongo and still have some cash in your pocket.

Good deals always come along if you're patient...

19. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    As a Charter Member of the Multiple Retarded Toilet Seat Bass Owner's Club, I'm pullin' for you, Joe.

I have decided I could be happy playing my Custom Shop Jazz or my new Stingray, but dang, these Bongos are still as cool as I thought they were at first.