1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yet Another (bizarre) CL Post

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Octalcode, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Octalcode

Octalcode

Apr 20, 2008
  2. Sahm

Sahm

Dec 18, 2007
    Delaware, OH
    Meh. Not that strange. Guy has to get rid of car, and knows what he wants. Makes sense to me. I'm assuming they're going to buy another car, so I guess it doesn't seem that odd.
    Craigslists does trades all the time. Why not a car for a guitar?

3. For a whole complete rig: guitar, cab, head & effects, would make more sense to me.

4. Rockman

Rockman

Mar 2, 2006
    Honestly, judging by the extreme errors in spelling and grammar I have trouble believing this to be a legit advert.

5. I think it is believable... anyone that refers to an 86 trans am as his baby and describes his sterio (sic) as "bitchin" probably doesn't have a whole lot going on up there if'n ya get ma drift.

6. Course it's believable, he just smoked a big fat joint before he wrote it.
    (PS: There's two E's in s-t-e-r-E-o)
    He starts off talking about selling a car to buy another car but by the end he wants to trade for a guitar. Take a bag a pot to this guys house and he'd trade the car for three 'magic' beans.
    I was just relieved to find out at the end of that one long, rambling, error ridden, drug induced, sentence, he is a guitar player.
    Could manage the damage he could have done to the English language had he been a drummer.

7. Potaton

Potaton

Apr 27, 2009
    Oops,wrong place!!!

8. -Kramer-

-Kramer-

Dec 9, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    That made for an interesting read in this thread, but I guess I am probably the only one who saw it.

9. Potaton

Potaton

Apr 27, 2009
    I've threaded it ;)

10. GoesThump

GoesThump

Jul 13, 2007

Brilliant. Fits of hyterical laughter here - you just made my morning. :)

GT

11. msiner

msiner

Sep 2, 2008
    Tucson, AZ
    Holy lack of punctuation, Batman! Somebody get that guy a period.

12. Disappear

Disappear

May 9, 2008

Yep.

13. my favorite one as of late was a guy who said "will trade dental work for a motorcycle". Sheesh... not sure i'd want that guy working on my teeth!!!!!

I'm glad there's no spell check on craigslist postings, it allows you to automatically weed out the hillbillies. If they can't spell they probably don't take good care of their stuff either.

14. And he said it all in one breath.

15. kevinmoore73

kevinmoore73 Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Why does my browser underline every other word when I type?

efitiant carbrator breaks modle expencive ofordable suld sterio intertain straught thanx

16. Steveaux

Steveaux Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    $20 says there's a mullet involved.

:p

17. Low Tone

Low Tone

Feb 7, 2004
    St. Joseph, MO
    What part of "spell check" don't you understand, dude?

18. WHAT ? A gui**** with a T/A that his wife is making him get rid of, and you think he may also have a mullet ? NO WAY

19. I'm speechless. :rollno:

20. :D My exact thought.