1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Your Custom Rack

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stephen S, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    I work the sheetmetal department at my work and I've been thinking about designing a custom rack for myself. So I thought I'd ask you guys for suggestions. I'm plan on making it about a 6-8 space rack with a drawer, fan, and power bar built in. Any Suggestions?

2. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I've got a 14 space (that's way too big to haul to shows) and I use it primarily to simply house all the junk I have. I've got a custom power supply built into the rear as well as a fan unit.

I've also got a 2 space drawer that I simply couldn't do without. You may also wanna consider mounting a custom gooseneck lamp in the rear of the rack. Nothing worse than having to use a lighter at the gig right before the show starts to try and illuminate the back of the rack to make sure everything is plugged in correctly.

3. They're both real, thankyou very much.

4. Wow, I didn't know that you could get drawers, fans or power bars for your rack. How do they fit under your jacket?

Sorry, I simply couldn't leave that comment alone. I know, I know, "immature." Psshh.

Rock on
    Eric

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Prove it. :eek:

-Mike

6. I did. Remember?

Oh yeah. I told y'all to forget about it. My bad.

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    :spit:

-Mike

8. Wait, forget what? Did I miss something?

::looks around for a naked pic of Steph::

C'mon, where is it?

Rock on
    Eric

9. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I was so tempted to point out that Pam Andersens' rack has way more fans than the rest of her, and probably work in a pun about pictures of her wearing just her drawers, then it hit me just how desperately immature that would be. So I'll only be half as immature and point out that I resisted.

I'm not sure how the power bars were going to get worked into it, though.
    :p

10. I hate to kill the funny mood, but......

It would be cool if you added an extra 1/2 rack space to each rack so you could have 1/4 of a space on both top and bottom for cooling. eg a 4.5 U rack, etc.

11. Don't worry Alex, we can still read all sorts of innuendo into that.:D

Rock on
    Eric

12. barthanatos

barthanatos Insert witty comment here

Feb 8, 2006
    South Carolina
    no pics = no rack

13. Heh, DudePit meets the TB Vapor Principle (No Pics, No 'X').

14. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    It's TB Law, just ask Latimour.

15. Oh yeah, you were on hiatus.

I got very badly sunburnt in January last year on my chest (I had one of those low cut top things on). For some reason I decided to post a photo up on TB; I think I was after medical advice, but instead I had everyone admiring my scaly chest. Bass players, honestly. I mean, there was no breast in there whatsoever. It was someone's avatar at one point, too.

Some people.

16. Where? Where is the breast?

No pic? then I will just assume they are fake.

17. Really? That sucks. So, uh, how are they doing? Why don't you take a pic and let us see.

:D

Rock on
    Eric

18. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    I had planned on putting extra space in between each rack for cooling but I hadn't thought of a lamp, that is genius.

19. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Mine are too! But bigger and better!

[​IMG]

20. No skin off my nose.