Your Gig Rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jazzbass_5, May 25, 2009.

1. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    Not pictured, Shure ULX wireless..Sansamp(Programmable) and Ashdown "JLo" hyperdrive.

Ampeg.jpg

jazzbass_5 likes this.
  2. jazzbass_5

jazzbass_5

Sep 1, 2007
    NY, Medina
    That Mobass must crank through that 8X10

3. Ebelow

Ebelow Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2008
    San Jose, CA
    My "amp" gig rig, not always with together. Smaller venues 2x10, bigger 4x10 and so on...for "no amp" gig just pedalboard.
    Mesa2009008kicsi.gif

jazzbass_5 likes this.
  4. blowinblue

blowinblue Kind of not blue. Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2006
    SoCal USA
    This has got to be one of the best threads ever, IMHO. So much great gear to drool over. And...nobody's arguing about anything. What's up with that? :eyebrow::D

M. M.

jazzbass_5 likes this.
  5. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    Yes sir it does.... Matter of fact, I wish i had 2 of them, i've already ran it into 2 810's the same as mine, almost blew my friggin head off!

jazzbass_5 likes this.
  6. Eddie95Z28

Eddie95Z28 I play bass Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Detroit Area, Michigan
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My rig. The Rat has since been replaced with a GK Diesel Dawg.
    I will also be replacing the 1x15 with another 4x10 as soon as I find a good used one locally.

:bassist:

7. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    Wish I could find and afford a good condition DPC1400X (and a Mike Pope MPP-1 preamp).

You have a nice 2 space rack there.

jazzbass_5 likes this.
  8. I'd like to add to his reply. I play 5 stringers with the F1 through one of these + an EX112ER (same cab without the tweeter). I play harder rock, 2 guitars on full blast (all the time), loud drums and lead vocals. For practice, I play through only 1 of these cabs and still have the F1 master only cranked to around 2 (not 2:00, volume setting 2), with the gain at 12:00 (usually clips around 2:00) with all EQ knobs set flat and no VPF or VLE. Even then its too loud.

For medium gigs I have actually used the pair as speakers (around 200-300 people in the crowd indoors). I had gain set around 2:00 and master at like volume setting 4 (around 2:00) or so. Someone was video taping in the back and they could still hear me on the tape loud and clear coming through.

One cool thing about this combo pair is that it will sit on a milk crate for a cheap-o way to prevent floor coupling and bring it closer to ear level.

I tried quite a few cabs before picking these out...they rock my work for sure, best cabs I have ever played through for clear, deep, and beautiful sounding bass.

My rig (pictured is my lakland 55-02, I also use my stingray through the cabs):

berg2.jpg

9. Awesome rigs guys! Heres mine:

l_510106833c2c4d0f810acaad0b9f0462.jpg

Furman MX L8
    DBX 166xl Compressor
    BBE Sonic Maximizer 882i
    Ampeg SVP-PRO
    QSC RMX 850 (QSC PLX 1602 on its way!!!)

Ampeg 8x10e

I use the Peavy bass amp on top of the rack as a power amp with the QSC; both into the 8x10. I will also play with the 410HLF that I am sitting on in the picture (my friend's). Playing through both rocks :bassist:. I really enjoy this rig..it gives me all of the clarity and dynamics that I have found so far. My only wish is that the 8x10 handled my low B better. Playing both cabs definitely changes that though!

I am in the process of refurbishing an old Sunn O))) 4x12 cab. Hopefully it will be about half the weight of the 8x10 so I will be able to take it on tour without as much of a hassle. I will eventually run either both cabs with the QSC 1602 for large venues or get a Mesa Boogie head to power the 4x12 and split my signal between the two heads. I'm thinking about either the M9 (played the M6 at GC and loved it), the BB Titan V12, or a 400+. I'm not sure yet though.....any suggestions?

10. Bass Collector

Bass Collector

Aug 14, 2008
    My current fave combo's :cool:

IMG_1298-1.jpg

P1000575.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

sadowsky3.jpg

IMG_12281.jpg

11. Nice. Are both Aggie's 4x12s?

12. Bass Collector

Bass Collector

Aug 14, 2008
    No, the DB's an 810 :bassist:

13. What do you prefer the Ashdown or the Aguilar head?

14. Bass Collector

Bass Collector

Aug 14, 2008
    I definately use the DB750 more so I'd have to say the Aguilar. Such a fat sounding amp!

I do like the ABM (pre-shape engaged, tube grind at 10 o'clock) for rock gigs with the SR5 and Jazz Bass. Depending on the size of the room I'll use the 610 XLT or DB810 with that set-up.

Nice lookin' amp too!

IMG_15721.jpg

15. Ebelow

Ebelow Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2008
    San Jose, CA
    Hi Bass Collector! I love your Eden 6x10 cab and the MMStingray5! Nice stuff!! how it works with the Ashdown amp?

16. Kenny Allyn

Kenny Allyn

Mar 25, 2006
    Memphis
    Usually I use two MOjO Mini 1x10s and a Mark Bass LM II

But when the need for speed calls
    ... it's gotta be this rig, Mesa Big Block 750 power, with my double ported, neo driver 4x10 on the bottom, and a sealed 4x10CV (prototype) on top ... The best rig I have ever used!!!

DSCN2201.jpg

:smug: ...

17. DamienLangkamer

DamienLangkamer

Apr 18, 2009
    London UK
    The Bergantino cabs are superb, i can take one in each hand easily and they sound amazing. i was so happy with my BXT cabs, but i was doing so many gigs without help that i needed something A LOT lighter, and i have never been happier now. the head still weighs a ton but i havent found one i like as much yet, and i can handle it myself.. highly recommend the bergs though, its strange to be self-sufficient after so long needing help with gear!!

18. dave2

dave2

Feb 10, 2007
    Texas
    Here is the rig I've been using for the last few weeks. Its an Eden D212XLT on the bottom with a D210XLT on the top connected to my Warwick Thumb 5 via the Eden WT550.

212210_small1.gif

Great thread by the way - thanks for all the pix!

Best,
    Dave

19. jazzbass_5

jazzbass_5

Sep 1, 2007
    NY, Medina
    Nothing more satisfying than showing your stuff and WOW there's some AWESOME systems and so many different flavors. What's even cooler is I'm getting ideas for my next rig!!!

KEEP THEM COMING EVERYONE!!!

And thanks for the great response! :D

20. jazzbass_5

jazzbass_5

Sep 1, 2007
    NY, Medina
    Thank you, all of these pieces I acquired on e-bay believe it or not. (except for the Bass)

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021