1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Zoom B3 VS PreSonus Audiobox

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Crazyfist, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Crazyfist

Crazyfist

Sep 26, 2011
    Okay, I know this is a very specific thread but if anybody just happens to know anything about either two of these that would be very helpful!

I posted the thread in this section of the forums (Recording Gear and Equipment) because that is what I really want to do, and apparently the Zoom B3 is an audio interface as well, it just has a multi-effects pedal and all that jazz etc. :)

Do they more or less do the same thing and do they both work with DAW's in the same way?

The Zoom B3 is roughly £149 and the PreSonus Audiobox is roughly £119.

Any help is appreciated!

2. chatterbox272

chatterbox272

Apr 12, 2012
    The audiobox has XLR/jack combination inputs, you'll probably get lower latencies on the audiobox, and you have 2 inputs. In other words, if you want to record a little demo or maybe one instrument at a time, and want effects for normal use then the B3 will probably do. If you want to do proper recording then the Audiobox will be better. I use a DigiTech BP355 to record bass tracks every now and again for a mate. It does the job fine but when I tried recording a whole band with it it was a PITA.

3. i think audiobox is much better i.e. A/D/D/A converters are much better,dsp is better,and,hell,it's 24bit/48khz which can not be said about the zoom...
    one other thing is,with audiobox you get studio one software,and bundle of loops/samples,and with the zoom you get only the zoom and that steinberg LE software(and all of those steinberg LE products,somehow,don't work properly...)
    i'm using it,and i must say it's a killer for that price....
    full metal chasis,old school knobs,neutrik inputs.....'t is very,very good...
    and i never had no problem with it..

4. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    If you like to try something different for recording, definitely check out the zoom b3. it'll give you a variety of effects, amp and cab models. it'll make your recordings sound more unique. I plan to get one myself. I'm really curious on what the zoom b3 has to offer.