1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Zoom H2

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by guroove, May 7, 2010.

1. guroove

guroove

Oct 13, 2009
    Buffalo, NY
    This is for anyone considering buying a Zoom H2 (as well as a thinly veiled shameless plug for my band). All these tracks are recordings of my band jamming at practice a few weeks ago in our practice studio. No mixing, no iso, just a bunch of dudes with acoustic instruments and amps in a room with a Zoom H2. I mixed the front channel with the rear using Audacity.

Constructive input is also appreciated. Go easy on me, this is a newly formed band, so we haven't ironed out all the little details.

http://www.myspace.com/thelowdownnasties

To keep this interesting, I'm playing two different basses on these. One is a 2009 MIM Fender Precision, the other is the '73 Fender Jazz that was Jimmy Coppolo's prototype bass. I'm wondering if you guys can tell which songs were played on which instrument.

2. That H2 sounds great! And the band sounds great too!

I'm looking to get one of these for my band.

3. willqx4

willqx4

Dec 4, 2009
    NW Arkansas
  4. CerealKiller

CerealKiller

Jul 29, 2008
    Norfolk, VA
    For the cost, those Zoom's are impressive indeed! Just bought a H4 and my band couldn't believe how well it recorded.

5. Yes! My room mate's band uses an H4 and it's VERY impressive.

6. Skip_NJ

Skip_NJ

Jun 1, 2009
    New Jersey
    One of my guitarists brought a Zoom H2 to practice and it was so good I had to go out and get one for myself. Def a cool device

7. Vakmere

Vakmere

Sep 6, 2007
    Philly
    Yep, I use my H2 for rehearsal and gigs. Great little recorder. Nice band dude, sounds real nice.

8. sirpug

sirpug

May 8, 2008
    Everett Wa
    I've been looking at their new video camera. It supposed to have the sound quality of their audio recorders. My only issue is that it's only SD video in a HD world.

9. ZiggyDude

ZiggyDude

Jun 8, 2005
    I have beenusing the H2 for a year now and record EVERY job. Bass players love them as they accent the lower mids some and you can really hear what you are playing. The Audacity download lets you EQ.

I just got the Q3 video recorder - only one job so far. It seems the recordings might be a bit brighter and less bassy - not sure yet. It has the H4 mics on it.