Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2 basses one amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lyle, Dec 16, 2004.

1. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    I have a Yorkville bassmaster 200xmt and i was wondering if it does the amp any harm to run my active kubicki (in the active jack) along with my friends passive cort (in the passive jack) at the same time. Ive done this several times and not notice any damage, but long term wise should i stop doing this?

2. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    bump :help:

3. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Ultra zombie resurection!!, but I use the search function you see.

So, what does TB say to the OP.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    It's fine but will result in one signal phasing the other out. Will work if you have to, not recommended for tonal reasons.

flameworker likes this.
  5. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    I have an amp with three inputs--you can use all three, but whatever is plugged into the fist inout will be louder and the other two will be hard to hear.

6. flameworker

flameworker

Jun 15, 2014
    Landenberg, Pennsylvania
    one day....
    What JimmyM said.

I started playing with my dad's band, the original bass player, Tony Pe'na, (tony, you here?), would plug my bass alongside his into the SVT 810, and I would play along, learning the songs, when I got it down he would smile and put his hands up to show I was doing it. Eventally he would get drunk and fall over, so he trained me like his padawan, and quit the band.and that's how I started playing biker bars at 15.

But strange phase things happen, you couldn't gig like that, you cancel each others signal s out.

Get another rig. Two basses is wonderful, I want more players to do it. And not cheesy 1980's bass battles (never lost one tho!) But proper harmony, try playing the third, look into vocal sheet music, beatles especially for good 2 bass harmonies.

zontar likes this.