Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2006 Wall Calendar

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tbone0813, Feb 12, 2006.

1. tbone0813

tbone0813 The faithless say farewell when the road darkens.

Aug 6, 2005
    Grand Prairie, TX.
    Anyone know where I can get a 2006 Bass Guitar Wall Calendar?

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Sorry, I don't.

There is plenty of software out there for creating your own calenders and you can puty photo on it you wish. Google will bring up a bunch of them.

3. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

A Wal Bass calendar?:p

4. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    I've always wanted a bass calendar, but never can find one. Maybe we could start working on a TB calendar for next year. I think it would be a great addition to the TB store.

5. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Ohh, I like that idea. We could have a vote on which 12 basses would be featured, surely we'd have to have at least one Drozd and one Ritter :D. Or since there are so many beautiful basses, maybe have a builder for each month and highlight several of their basses on each page.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I would buy one of these calendars.

-Mike

7. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    I would buy one also.
    Also, we could do an 18 month calender to make room for more luthiers and then just do the three months before and after the new year. I find these calendars are nice because you can get a fresh, new calendar up early and also you can give yourself some time to buy a new one if you want.
    -Alex

8. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    what about a TB member for each month, stating who they are, and the setup they are using in the pic

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Cool idea, but with over 47,000 members, it would take almost 4,000 years to cover everyone. :D

-Mike

10. tbone0813

Aug 6, 2005
    Grand Prairie, TX.
    +1. High quality gloss pics of various luthiers basses, and maybe a little bio.

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yeppers. Here is my version:

Nordstrand
    Ritter
    Drozd
    Repeat three times. :D

-Mike

12. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    we'd do Paul and Mods first

;)

13. irjason

irjason Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    I'd buy one of these calanders too.

14. basshawk

basshawk

Dec 18, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
  15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    That is a nice calendar, but I like some of the ideas being proposed in this thread.

-Mike

16. tbone0813

Aug 6, 2005
    Grand Prairie, TX.
    Cool. I just ordered one. Thanks for the help. I'm still game to make a TB luthier calendar.:hyper:

17. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    There was one posted at the dude pit a while back that featured some 'ladies' (and I use that term loosely) with basses.

18. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    I just did a tiny bit of research on this and I think it is very do-able. There are plenty of printing companies that have pre-made templates available, you just add your pics and send them the file. You can get full size gloss calendars printed for a pretty reasonable price. Price goes down quick as quantity goes up. Less than $5 a piece when at 500, $3 a piece at 1000. I imagine we could find a TB'er well versed in digital imagery to help with the layout.

I could see this going one of two ways:

1. A calendar that features TB'ers basses. We get people interested in having their bass in the calendar to submit high-res pics that they have the rights to, and then we pick the top 12.

or

2. If paul wanted to make something a little more involved, and more profitable, it could be made into advertisement space. Builders could buy a month and have one of their instruments featured along with a little info.

Thoughts?

19. tbone0813

Aug 6, 2005
    Grand Prairie, TX.
    I like the idea of an 18 month calendar. As for TB members basses....There are a lot of members. I think to be fair we just post pics of Luthiers basses. We do 18, and the next go around we do 18 different. Just another thought in the bucket.

20. This is a very do-able idea. My family does this every year for my grandparents. We get photos of the various grandkids, then make them into a nice calendar.

Maybe we could have 2 different calendars. One would be a "submitted photo" calendar, and the photos would be voted on by the TB populace. Another would be the "luthier photo" calendar, which would be purchased by whatever manufacturer wanted to pony up for it. I would suggest for that one that we limit how many months a company can buy, otherwise Fender might just come in and buy everything. I've had Fender calendars before, I don't need a new one.

Hey, Paul, what's your take on this?

Rock on
    Eric