1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

3/4 Shen Upright, accessories for sale

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by JTGale, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JTGale

JTGale

Oct 26, 2004
    Hummelstown, PA
    I have a Shen SB80 in excellent condition for sale. I bought it a few years ago from Nick Lloyd (Thanks, Nick!) as a divorce present to myself. I haven't had much time to play it, and now that I have been unemployed for 2 months, it needs to go. :-(

It is an Shen SB80 3/4 with a date of Nov. 7, 2005 on the label. It never left my house, but did make the move from Iowa to eastern Pennsylvania in fine shape. There are no known issues with the bass and it plays very nicely to my untrained ears.

There is a bow that comes with it, a cordura gig bag, an Ingles stand (from Bob Gollihur), and a bridge from Nick, himself.

I now live in the Hershey, Pennsylvania, area which is about 1.5 hours from Philly and about 2 hours from NYC. I would rather not have to ship this bass, and am willing to drive a little ways to deliver if you are willing to meet me half way.

I am pricing this to sell since it is the first of the month and rent is depleting my reserves. How about $850 for the whole shooting match? I prefer to work through PayPal (where I am a verified member), and have over 100 positive transactions on eBay, including a couple from a few years ago on TalkBass.

Drop me a note if you have any questions. I also have a few more photos I can share if you PM me.

Thanks!

~ jtgale

Attached Files:

2. kurt ratering

kurt ratering

Dec 2, 2008
    waltham, mass.
    bass luthier, johnson string inst.
    isnt divorce a present by its self?

3. shakernow

shakernow

Mar 25, 2009
    This sounds like a nice deal. All youse guys who keep asking where to get a decent sounding, well made double bass for cheap, you aren't going to do much better than a deal like this.

No connection to seller, blah blah.

4. JTGale

JTGale

Oct 26, 2004
    Hummelstown, PA
    Yes, divorce can be well worth it sometimes. :)

5. Erich Bruning

Erich Bruning

Nov 25, 2003
    I wish I was a bit closer and could check it out. Looks like what I'm after.

6. I wish you were still in Bettendorf so I could check it out. Sorry to hear you made a break for it before we could get together. An old Quad Cities farewell.

7. JTGale

JTGale

Oct 26, 2004
    Hummelstown, PA
    Thanks, fretlessspence. Me, too. :-(

jtg

8. JTGale

JTGale

Oct 26, 2004
    Hummelstown, PA
    Deal pending ...

9. Herbie 80's

Herbie 80's

Dec 15, 2008
    Too bad you weren't putting this up for July. I'd be meeting you in New York this instant.

10. JTGale

JTGale

Oct 26, 2004
    Hummelstown, PA
    Thanks, dp1181. And thanks to all who PM'ed me with their kind words of support. :)

~ jtg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.