1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Abe Laborial Jr

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rich n, Jan 20, 2012.

1. rich n

rich n

Jan 16, 2012
    What are your thoughts on his drumming style, techniques, etc? I'm a semi regular Paul McCartney concert goer (as much as the higher cost of tickets will allow me) and in recent years I've been finding myself glued to this guy as much as the legend who I'm actually there to see

2. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

May 10, 2006
    I've heard the guy who hired Laborial is fairly particular about his sidemen - and is a good drummer to boot. I think this band has lasted way longer than any other of PM's projects. That speaks for itself.

3. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    LaboriEl

John

4. rich n

rich n

Jan 16, 2012
    I know:bag: I did spell it right in another thread:D (talking about Paul's new album in the 'recordings' folder)

Regardless, he's a superb drummer (and actually quite the showman...LOL) in my opinion..

5. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Among his other accounts, Abe has toured with Mylene Farmer, the French singer. Huge production tour.
    On one tune Abe gets out from behind the drums and sings a duet with Farmer. He kills it. I like him singing Les Mots more than Seal, who sang the song with Mylene originally.

6. rich n

rich n

Jan 16, 2012
    He also has one tour with Sting, several years back...I believe that was the only time I didn't really hear rave reviews about his work...but at the same time, I don't think a lot of Sting's work allows Abe to do what he does best (basically 'go nuts' in a controlled and tasteful/meaningful way), although he seems quite competent in just about any style

7. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan