1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Adam Blackstone

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Stingray93, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Stingray93

Stingray93

Mar 14, 2009
    Hey guys, have you guys heard of Adam Blackstone? He's so sick. i think he's one of my favorites right now. He plays with Kanye, Lupe fiasco, Jill Scott and stuff. I'm not sure how many pple know about him, but i think that he's one of the most melodic, yet tasteful hip hop players ive heard.

Heres a clip of him laying down a track for a pharell remix.

2. subfeeder

subfeeder Guest

Aug 9, 2007
    London, UK
    Check out Dave Chappelles Block Party for more Adam Blackstone

3. basmartin

basmartin

Aug 6, 2007
    Sweden
    Yes, he plays great.

4. diglo

diglo Supporting Member

May 21, 2007
    SMYRNA, TN
    Get up! Get Get Get Down!
    Man, I look at that youtube clip everyday. He's very melodic and an influence to me. He also subs for HUB from the Roots. I saw him about 3 yrs ago with Jill Scott. He was playing bass and sub bass keys.

5. Jhengsman

Jhengsman

Oct 17, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Bump

Mr. Blackstone is now the musical director on TV ONE's Versus and Flow. They normally have a guest artist who performs a couple of songs and if it is not a band then Blackstone's house band does the backing. Announced guest include Maxwell, Mali Music, Joe, Anthony Hamilton and Ruben Stoddard. Celebrity bassist Malcom Jamal Walker often shows up with his poetry.