1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

AER Amp One VS GK MB150E

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by audiorep2, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Price aside, which would win that shootout ?

2. The AER; to my ears the GK has a annoying nasally 'EB/fuzz' sound to it that the AER lacks. YMMV, but I've built up that impression over time hearing different people & basses using them. You might want to dial out some of the bottom end on the AER in small rooms for upright, though; it goes deep (good for slab!) and can get muddy.

3. The AER has arrived. So let the fun begin ....
    xx.

4. Used the AER at rehearsal last night.
    It has a much flatter, natural sound than the GK. I was playing an Ampeg Baby bass.
    More clear. Stood out in the mix.

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I am a big GK fan, but my AER amp one is just fantastic on both electric and upright. Truly an amazing little box!

6. Tombowlus, any thoughts of pairing the new GK combos to the 150E? Such as, running a line out from the 150E into a new 112MB combo? Your output would go from 100 to 300 watts. The combo is only $75 more than the 150 extension speaker. Just dreaming over here.

7. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    That should work just fine.

8. mercuryl

mercuryl

Mar 16, 2007
    Sussex, England
    Ain't no contest here. AER wins no question.

9. After having it for a couple of months now. The AER is mind-blowing with electric bass, but only passable with Ampeg Baby Bass.