1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aguilar TH500 with two Aguilar GS112's

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Jason Sypher, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Visited the Aguilar artist offices today in midtown to discuss an endorsement relationship and found some incredibly great sounding products for upright. Usually an amp with sound ok with pizz but as soon as I really challenge it with a bow it can't hang, loses all power and clarity but this combination was truly astounding. I wonder if anyone else is using this combination. Pretty amazing stuff.

2. chris merrill

chris merrill Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist for: GHS Strings, Lakland Basses
    Yeah buddy. Used it with one GS112 and it's great! Get your cab up off the ground, closer to your ear and you won't miss the 2nd one that much. Easier schlep too
    Looking forward to seeing you guys on the road somewhere this year!

3. Great sounding stuff, huh? So one of us doesn't have to set up our rig now for shows! I think I need two, one for me and one for Jamie.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  4. lowEndRick

lowEndRick Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2006
    CT
    I am primarily an upright player and I have used only Acoustic Image for the past ten years. Two days ago I was in Sam Ash and played a similar rig....TH500 into a SL112, but I was playing a Fender Jazz. I was blown away. Glad to hear it sounds great with upright. I might have to rethink my overall amplification strategy.

5. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    Good to know, I had the chance recently to compare the Aguilar Tone Hammer 500, Tecamp Puma 500, and the Mesa Subway 500. All three amps had merit, IMHO the Mesa Subway had the nicest timbre, but the Aquilar sounded great.

Ric

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  6. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

Jul 7, 2004
    Chicago
    Th500 was backline at a jazz festival a couple of years ago. I brought along my EA Doubler just in case and I ended using it as I preferred it quite a bit. Suggest trying one if you haven't already.

Ric Vice likes this.
  7. PaperbackRyder

PaperbackRyder Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Maynard, MA
    I use a TH350 for my ply upright w fu circle and my old Fenders w flats. Easy plug n play tone. Add the HPF for boomy rooms. The Aguilar has been reliable and toneful even with a piezo.