1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Airsoft

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Grizzly700, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
    Who plays it? Walmart guns do NOT count! I have a Classic Army M15A4 and an Echo 1 AK.

PS - Do not start a paintball is better blah blah blah fight.

2. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I don't play personally but this past Christmas I got my sons a repro Thompson and German MP-40. They're battery-operated and shoot surprisingly well. Heavy as heck too, they feel real.
    They play with some friends in the woods behind our yard, they get all decked out in army clothes and go have a ball.

3. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    TM DE .50
    fbd5c655.
    But I never go shooting at others, gaming or otherwise.

4. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España

Does that shoot .50 BBs too?

5. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
    haha. :D

6mm :(

6. vbasscustom

vbasscustom

Sep 8, 2008
    your half way there, only 6.5mm to go.

7. vbasscustom

vbasscustom

Sep 8, 2008
    and aisoft is awsome. i play paintball, but i really like military realism, and ive been trying to get my buddies to sell theyre paintball guns and buy really high end airsoft guns instead, its way more realistic, and way more fun without the clunky airtanks and hoppers, and paint is so expensive. so as for a paintball is better arguement, i went the other way.

8. dinghy

dinghy

May 27, 2007
    Saratoga, CA
    TM AUG upgraded w/tightbore and 330 fps
    Bell 1911
    KWA G19 w/stronger recoil spring, sanded slide
    Galaxy MP5 (need to get rid of it)

Also a homemade M203 launcher.

9. I've played airsoft before and owned a few guns but the problem is that nobody claims to be 'hit' half the time since the rounds bounce off. I've also had twice as many malfunctions with the guns than I do with paintball guns. So I stick to paintball, or real guns.

10. I know very little about Airsoft but have been interested in it for a while and would like to get into it... I would like to find a Mauser "broomhandle" replica that has a very high (for an airsoft pistol) muzzle velocity...

11. crayzee

crayzee

Feb 12, 2009
    Mississauga, ON
    Never done more than plink at buddies in the parking lot with a pistol. I prefer paintball.

12. Echo 1 G36C. Fitted with a CCO and a 400-rd high-cap. Pwns the field when I have another 4 100-rd springers after it.

Peace,
    Greg

13. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    You kids and your airsoft guns!

Back in my day we'd go into the ghetto with a glock and pick a fight and we were happy!

Whippersnappers...

14. I've been an airsofter for quite a while actually. I own a pair of those Tokyo Marui Desert Eagles like the one elros showed, and my "lovely" Classic Army M41 Offizier. I bought it second hand, and it arrived at my house missing a front sight, with the stock cracked completely off, and with a ton of internal problems. Funny story about it:

I take my new G3 to my first large all day game. My squad doesn't come upon any hostiles until about the third round. So I line up a shot and pull the trigger, the gun fires normally enough, but no bbs were coming out! So I change mags to one of my then new King Arms midcaps. It was a tight fit, so I put it in and then slammed it in so it clicked. As I did so, I watched the front of my magwell come flying off. So now there is a hole where that once was. Add to this the fact that the stock (which was then duct taped on) kept falling off, and I was quite the sight to see.

The stock is now held on with JB weld, and I have what may be one of the more "ghetto" looking AEGs in my area.

Feel free to come check out WPAirsoft sometime, just tell 'em Fwarg sent ya!

15. All I have left is a Cyma MP5.

Not amazing, but it's still fun for all the use it gets now. Quite fancy getting one of the JG guns and a replacement barrel.

We don't play with the "real" airsofters. Where they have a limit of 330 feet per second (well, Id be ok, my Cyma only chrono's at 325-327) and no full auto close up. Not to mention the full military getup.

We run around a remote wood near one of my friends houses. We always check well for other people being there, but we are long off the beaten path. Anything more than goggles, shorts and t-shirt and your a wuss!

Getting hit by pea grenades isn't fun tho.

Actually, it is. Need to airsofting again soon!

I dare say, not all local sites are too bad. One (while still having limits) would be pretty good, it's an abandoned hospital :D

16. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    I remember I bought an Echo1 M16, and sold it to fund my newly formed bass addiction. Best move ever.

But my cousin and his friends still play. The drop $300 bucks on guns, when Im dropping $300 on a head!

17. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    wow 300$ in head, you like luxuries dont you? :ninja:

18. Jordasch only hires the best.

And yes, I did actually think his post said that the first time I read it.

19. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Wait. You guys think Im actually talking about a bass head/amp?

Why are you putting sarcasm into my originial post? You got the idea.

20. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
    You are such a failure, playing the oh it was sarcasm act. :D

My CA M15 is in the shop right now, it'll be 400 FPS and shoot 18-20 BBs per second when its back. :bassist: