Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

amazing bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mahc, Feb 16, 2006.

1. mahc

mahc

Nov 14, 2005
    San Diego, CA
  2. puff father

puff father

Jan 20, 2006
    Endicott, NY
    Wow! I've never seen anything like that either but I want one! :eek:

3. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    If I see this video one more time, i'm going to snap.

It is cool none the less.

-Mark

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I really really dont like the tone. I dont care if it can turn into an elephant, it sounds thin.

5. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    The tone didn't drive me wild, and for the cost of those basss, I'd expect a lot more than just an innovative fret system....

6. thats sweet, i wonder what manring could do with that. i liked the freted tone but the fretless tone was lacking, but i think that was his playing not the bass

lowsound

7. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Thats amazing, great idea! :D:)

8. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    I'm the opposite. I liked the fretless sound but didn't like the fretted. It sounded like crap.

9. I think it sounded great. I'm not sure how the fretted/fretless system works or if it would be durable, but it seems like a pretty good idea. I like it.

10. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Wow! Amazing concept and a very good player. Thanks for bringing that to the forum.

11. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    What kind of bass is that? Seems like an interesting concept.

12. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Sounds like my Vigier in Out of Phase mode.

13. i think these ones are cooler
    [​IMG]

14. Groovy :) Nice playing, innovative idea, I dig it. I really don't see what's wrong with the tone either. I've heard MTD's that don't sound that good.

15. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    It doesnt look very stable. Looks like one day the frets are either gonna collapse in OR just fall out.

Too much change in 1 instrument isnt good IMO. Its like the variax. But thats not as bad since the variax only changes electronically.

16. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Yay, Google video now "supports" my country and I can view their stuff!

I think the slap part on fretted didn't sound that good because the guy had an extremely middy sound going on.
    This is bound to cause neck stability problems, though. I imagine this working pretty well with a graphite neck, though.

17. for me it would make more sense, if the frets were on the upper end of the board (12th and up) as I have difficulty with intonation up there and little difficulty on the lower end.

18. Thats been posted here what . . . 5, 6 times now?

19. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    I support segregation of fretted and fretless. Equal, but separate.

20. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    Problem being, the board for the lower registers would have to be raised above the frets. Otherwise, you'd just be playing at the thirteenth fret anytime you were playing fretless.