Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Analogman Chorus

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BigBassBob, Aug 15, 2005.

1. BigBassBob

BigBassBob

Jul 17, 2005
    Wales, UK
    Hi all, I was enjoying my Danelectro Coolcat very much until it decided to crap out on me recently :bawl: :mad:

I was looking for a replacement and was wondering if anyone owns/tried an Analogman Clone Chorus? It looks very tempting indeed, and if I get the mini version, it'll help save pedalboard space which the Coolcat was taking up too much of.

Cheers!
    BOB.

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Well I actually compared the two, well swaped sound samples with a friend who has one. Personally I found the Cool Cat to be more lush sounding but I'm using the 18v version so that makes a big difference.

The Analogman chorus is an excellent pedal and I may pick one up eventually myself just to save on pedalboard space.

Personally I don't think you can go wrong with any analogman stuff.

Hope this helps

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Analogman Mini Chorus is on my list. I'd like to try the mini compROSSer aswell.

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    it's an excellent chorus pedal, very K.I.S.S.
    There are other great chorus pedals out there too, but this one met my criteria best - simplicity and size.

5. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain
    im using guyatone micro MC3 chorus, its the best one ive tried. i used to own the boss bass chorus but its very transparent, which could be a good or bad thing. the MC3 is very prganic souding, cheap and you can get the tremolo effect as well.

6. BigBassBob

BigBassBob

Jul 17, 2005
    Wales, UK
    Thanks very much guys! I appreciate it alot! Well, it's on my list of things to buy. Now I'm torn between the Analogman Chorus and the DHA rack mounted valve overdrive :bawl:

BOB.

7. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Seriously do not buy any DHA stuff, we almost have an underground resistance here.

Me, Dave, Tecx and Toasted all deeply believe they are crap and don't work how claimed.

I'm sure Tecx will explain it all, but basically get the analogman chorus and please don't buy that rack.

Hope this helps

*Awaits Backlash*

8. BigBassBob

BigBassBob

Jul 17, 2005
    Wales, UK
    hmmm. any chance of filling me in on the details?

BOB.

9. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Well have you seen the circuit? especially of the rack mount.

Tecx's says while it has a tube in it it doesn't use the tube for the distortion or overdrive whatever you've classed it as. All the sound clips I've heard sound the same on every setting and its very much a fuzz tone not a light tube drive.

I'm not sure of the exact details but there are to many things that are kinda iffy. From the pedal version.

All tube pedals I've seen have been seriously vented, his aren't.

Every tube pedal I've seen has been relatively big, with the ehx ones being the smallest, his are quite small.

Most tube circuits I've seen have looked really really complex, where as his looks like a Big Muff with a light bulb attached :ninja:

That's just some of the points I've found other might say more, I'm reluctant to say more as some people think these pedals are amazing, and I don't want to offend them.

But I did say this to every one who bought one before they ordered them, and I got slammed for it. :meh:

So hope this helps

*Again Waits For Backlash*

10. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I agree with steve. I really dont believe that the Tube in those things gets enough power to do anything.

11. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    I have an Analogman Clone Clone Chorus with the "Deep" modification and absolutely love it. It's the only effect I use.
    Beautiful chorus and true bypass. Built like a tank and very simple to use. I moved away from a rack mounted system with a Lexicon effects processor and this is every bit as sweet!
    Just my $.02

12. BigBassBob

BigBassBob

Jul 17, 2005
    Wales, UK
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Just popping over to the bank to make a deposit and then I'll be ordering a Clone Clone Chorus with the Deep switch :cool:

BOB.

13. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Bob, i think analogmike will do you a deal on the "declared value." Make sure to ask.

14. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Dave Hall Amplification or Amp whatever he's a UK pedal builder, I'd describe him as the wish bass of the pedal world :bag:

15. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Dave Hall Amps. Look on ebay.co.uk

Burn from steve.

16. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Well I once had an arguement about tube gear with him where I was a proxy for Tecx and this guy has no idea what he's tlaking about and kept turning things around and misinterpretting what I said and what Tecx said. So I'm not a fan of him really :spit:

I also thought Con Artist was a bit strong as well. :ninja:

17. BigBassBob

BigBassBob

Jul 17, 2005
    Wales, UK
    Done and done. Deposited money into my account, ordered the pedal with the depth switch!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait!

BOB.

18. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Oh yeah- I forgot to mention that I tried an Analogman Bi-CompROSSor (borrowed from a friend) and it is indeen a great pedal. Very, very lush sounding. The second compressor is great for soliciting fretless like sounds out of your rig. It is on my "to get" list after some other priorities are met.

Ted

19. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    So the Dan Armstrong side?... Or the Ross side?... And are we talking real bloom here, like near volume swell bloom?..

Alex