1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Another Dirty Loops Thread

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Carver, Dec 20, 2011.

1. I've watched that clip, like, 15 times today. The bass player makes me want to quit. What a killer solo, and just tasteful playing throughout by the group.

2. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI
    Never heard of em before. Great bunch of musicians. My kids are looking at me like I'm crazy. "Daddy? Why are you listening to Justin Beiber?!"

3. bThumper38

bThumper38 brian ebert

I love dirty loops.

4. Ogge

Ogge

Oct 17, 2009
    I'm very proud of the fact I'm from Sweden right now. Dirty Loops are insane!!!! =) =)

Only problem is that every time I listen to them I feel like quit playing bass. :p :p

5. MixBass

MixBass

Feb 23, 2006
    L.A. Harbor
    Co-founder. GrabAxe
    BadA$$!

6. dredre

dredre

Mar 28, 2010
    tosses bass out of the window... Egads!!!

7. Fretless1!

Fretless1!

Feb 19, 2007
    Far and away better than the original version.

8. threshar

threshar

Jul 30, 2002
    that is a some fantastic playing. their other covers are also quite good. they certainly have a jamiroquai vibe

9. Dbassmon

Dbassmon

Oct 2, 2004
    Rutherford, NJ
    These are some unbelievable players, arrangers....
    Yeah man, so nice to get some fresh blood. Very original thing they got going......Love it!

10. turcmic

turcmic

Jul 30, 2006
    Montreal, QC
    I rarely post but am a regular lurker. Part-time bass player, mainly for corporate events... lots of pop music, plus 2 kids that listen to Bieber and the like 28 hours a day. I discovered these guys a couple months ago : free therapy!

11. gdecamp

gdecamp

Sep 25, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Wow! I am an old fart but love these kids....very very impressed! Thanks for posting, first time I've heard them.

12. Gregorihofmann

Gregorihofmann

Feb 5, 2011
    London, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Schecter Basses
    Here is a lesson from my website Gregori Hofmann | Bass Guitarist & Teacher on the first 30 seconds of the dirty loops cover of justin bieber's 'baby'. A lot of people have been asking for it and I think what these guys are doing is insane so it was good to try and learn some of these bass parts.

This is part 1 and I'm focusing on the intro which is the same as the chorus and the main verse groove. Next time we can take a look at the breakdown and later on the rest of the tune.

If you enjoy the lesson please feel free to take a look at my website Gregori Hofmann | Bass Guitarist & Teacher where there are over 100 free bass lessons

Dirty Loops: Justin Bieber 'Baby' Bass Lesson Part 1 - YouTube

13. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    Another old fart here (59) who can't get enough of these kids. I found out about them here about two months ago and everybody in my age group who I've turned them on to LOVES these guys!

14. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

+1000 from an older fart that would love to be able to play like that. GREAT stuff - just love it.

15. tapehead

tapehead

May 27, 2008
    Technically great and all that...But they dont do anything for me. Maybe it has something to do with me not liking the original versions of what they're covering.