1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Another LOL from craigslist...

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by antiochbass, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Fetusyolk

Fetusyolk

Aug 7, 2008
    facepalm.

2. You know, I actually kinda like the design.... :bag:

3. RTL

RTL House Chicken Enthusiast Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Leander, TX
    Well, he lives in North Carolina. Maybe Keith Roscoe will hire him!

I can't wait to see this guy's "Exotic" LG-3005 :rollno:

4. Slax

Slax

Nov 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    ...dear god. :meh:

I give him credit for trying to build some guitars... but I think he's definitely jumping the gun (and possibly living in Bazaaro world) on this. First build and wanting $900? I want $900 from HIM in damages to my eyes after seeing that thing! (Alright, that was a little harsh... I take it back)

5. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    "super-talented artistic genius"

Aj

6. UMMM. Well, this should go on fora while since it isn't an ugly BASS thread. But still. This guy has some cajones. NOt that it's a total loss, but the advertizing he throws around soundsl ike buyers are already beating down the door. Not sure how he came to be "obsessed" with building guitars when that was his first try. How about "obsessed with obsessing over someday building guitars"?

7. silen7ce

silen7ce

Dec 11, 2006
    Oh man... not even sure what to say

8. jordan_frerichs

jordan_frerichs

Jan 20, 2008
    Nebraska
    He should really consider taking a class. That thing looks a little hacked up, and not a clean job at all. I bet he is proud of it but that might stay a wall decoration. Guy, if you read this, do a little research on ergonomics, buy a router, make some clean templates, and start from there. Looks like your most frequently used tool was a hacksaw. Good luck, but you are treating the thing as if if it where solid gold. Humble it down a knotch or 2.

9. ErebusBass

ErebusBass

Feb 20, 2008
    Madison, WI
    I'm at a loss for words.

The funniest part was when he said that in the future, his guitars would sell for $10-20k. A close second was where he promised groupies.

:bag:I bet it sounds almost as good as it looks.:bag:

10. I don't know so much about the hacksaw. I was thinking hatchet or machete. And I am leaning more towards the machete.

Personally, I would love to see if that headstock can take the strain of being strung & tuned up. It looks pretty border line to me.

And the guarantee of groupies. Is that like a money back guarantee? Or is this guy going to take over the role of groupie?

edg

11. :D:D:D

12. Also interesting was that he became obsessed at 17 but didn't see fit to act on it until age 38.... :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

13. Alaska Bass

Alaska Bass

Dec 31, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Speachless!

14. BassmanAd

BassmanAd

Mar 19, 2008
    UK
    Oh dear...

15. What I love most about America everyone can have a dream no matter how deluded it is...

16. bronzehydra

bronzehydra

Oct 14, 2008
    Mukilteo, WA
    I almost feel bad! but reading the "super-talented artistic genius" made me laugh so hard, you wouldn't even believe it.

17. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    Not even necessary.

18. scottyd

scottyd Commercial User

Nov 17, 2006
    Waco Tx
    Builder/owner Redeemer Basses
    Where has reality gone?

19. I think I'll quit making guitars and basses right now. With that kind of competition I'll never sell anything-even for a dollar!