1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Another "what IS this bass?" thread

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lunarpollen, Apr 17, 2010.

1. It looks like a Les Paul shape, has two open humbuckers that look like bass versions of typical Gibson humbuckers without covers (4 polepieces per coil).

2. VinKreepo

VinKreepo

Nov 13, 2009
    Man, she's hot!

Oh, there's a bass in there?

3. uh. I'm not sure how anyone's supposed to figure it out. Looks like it could be a Gibson or Epiphone les paul bass (probably Gibson with the nice binding) with swapped out pickups.

4. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Bet its a Greco, or something similar, odd star on the headstock makes me think its not a Gibson.

5. i caught the headstock on pause, and it just had a star on in, no words from what i could see. and also from what i could see it looked pretty sick but the way they shot this vid is hella annoying. that damn camera was going everywhere.

6. I don't know if the headstock star is an inlay done at the factory or just a sticker put on after it was purchased...

I took some screencaps:

Dogbones-Bass-1.
    Dogbones-Bass-2.
    Dogbones-Bass-3.
    Dogbones-Bass-4.
    Dogbones-Bass-5.
    Dogbones-Bass-6.

7. Geez. Now I'll be humming that song the rest of the day.

8. Cannabass

Cannabass

Jan 22, 2010
    not me..

9. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Mar 18, 2010
    Indiana
    i concur

10. mas502arc

mas502arc

May 14, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Haha same here. The melody was not especially memorable or 'melodic' for me.

But nice bass! Maybe a mod - job?

11. Yeah it's not my fave song of theirs, I like some of their others a lot more. This one's kind of blah.

12. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
  13. Is that Heath Ledger?

14. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    My guess is that it would cost much more to reproduce than it would to buy the real thing.

15. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    Looking closely, you can make out a faint trace of the Eko logo up on the headstock (3rd pic from top).

16. Eastwood Guitars has done some Eko reproductions... I thought maybe they might have done this one as a new model... But it looks as if the bass in the video is a genuine Eko...

17. michaelvakalis

michaelvakalis

May 14, 2010
    It is indeed an EKO Kiwi I put the star on myself (had to change the machine heads). I'm obsessed with them to be honest, I own 2 Kiwis and an EKO Barracuda as well as an Eastwood hollow body reproduction here's a quick glimpse of the barracuda but i don't fancy having no sex for a few months till my girlfriend calms down

18. michaelvakalis

michaelvakalis

May 14, 2010
    Actually according to the official Eko site above the silver one is a Kiwi too -i didn't know- i bought it from a German guy on Ebay that told me it was a barracuda

19. Hehe I like your taste in basses! And both the Dogbones and KfB!