Anthony Jackson Health Status?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by BobDeRosa, Sep 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. nbsipics

nbsipics Ours' is the only Reality of Consequence Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Yep - sucks. Happy Holidays.

ugly_bassplayer likes this.
  2. keyboardguy

keyboardguy Supporting Member

May 11, 2005
    Solo at 3:55...

12BitSlab, Joshua, nbsipics and 2 others like this.
  3. foal30

foal30

Dec 3, 2007
    New Zealand
    I live in NZ

I have been a fan of AJ for 30 years

I asked the question about "assisted living" genuinely and honestly.

4. foal30

foal30

Dec 3, 2007
    New Zealand
    I was never speculating.

It was a question. I don't live in the USA ...America's definition of assisted living may not be the real life manifestation of my cultural/societal expierence .

At no time time was offence or 'gossip' was intended on my part.

TBH quite disappointed I feel the need to explain myself in such depth.

5. Lee Moses

Lee Moses

Apr 2, 2013
    Tennessee
    That whole thing is an amazingly innovative take on an old classic. Thanks for posting.

12BitSlab likes this.
  6. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    You're absolutely right, and I see your question as just that... seeking clarification. Here, in my corner of The United States, "assisted living" takes several shapes, from "minimal-care-communal-facilities" to more "nurse-on-staff" places. Many of the corporate places are a mixture of "assisted" and "care". I play regularly at several local places and based on my own observations as well as conversations with various staff, (been playing some of these places for 9 years!), here is a loose breakdown:

"Assisted Living" is usually facility providing residents with a single or double bed, studio apartment with a kitchenette and bath. Residents usually prepare at least one meal a day in their room, with a light breakfast and dinner offered communally. They can certainly choose to prepare all of their meals, or however many they wish. Cleaning, laundry, and shopping services are available for a nominal fee as well as a la carte... Many residents drive or use public transportation. Staff do not enter the rooms uninvited, (which is currently under scrutiny at one facility I play), medication is not the responsibility of the facility. Most residents are vigorous, social, and ambulatory. Residents are free to come and go.

"Assisted, with Care"... this is most of what I see, which combines the above with folks needing a bit more care. The places I play that fall into this category seem to have a large wing of folks living as above, combined with folks needing a slightly elevated level of care. Those needing care are mostly mobile, pretty sharp and active. There is a small nursing staff of CNAs to help with care and usually a registered nurse to distribute medication to the "care" residents. There is often a physical therapy room with trained staff daily. Residents are free to come and go.

"Full/Memory Care" facilities, as explained to me, are generally for folks with higher physical needs, usually not as cognitive. These facilities are usually fully staffed with CNAs and one or more RNs or higher. Most entry doors are accessed using a numeric keypad, solely to keep the less cognizant residents from wandering off. One place I play actually has the door staffed. Residents are free to roam indoors and certain outdoor areas, but not to leave the facility on their own. My brothers and I will be placing my Dad into one of these facilities on Tuesday, as it's no longer possible to care for him at home.

Hope this non-definitive narrative helps a bit.

-robert

kodiakblair, JimmyM and foal30 like this.
  7. Igor Porto

Igor Porto

Mar 6, 2013
    Germany
    A video was released today:

8. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    Video doesn't work for me.

9. mark beem

mark beem Wait, how does this song start again?? Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    Great to see that!

10. nbsipics

nbsipics Ours' is the only Reality of Consequence Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Great to see AJ apparently happy, but that video did not give me a great overall feeling. YMMV
    Anything positive about AJ's health and happiness is alright by me.

ElMon, lowdownthump and Lee Moses like this.
  11. jerry

jerry Too old for a hiptrip Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Yeah, I thought the video was a bit strange too.

lowdownthump and nbsipics like this.
  12. twinjet

twinjet Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Maybe strange, but if you caught his appearance at Berklee with Vic and Steve Bailey, that was scary compared to this. His speech was significantly delayed, he couldn't recall anything, his face would constantly go into this quizzical state. It was frightening to watch. Here, he's speaking complete sentences and is actually present in the video. I think he's clearly improved.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    nbsipics and Igor Porto like this.
  13. jerry

jerry Too old for a hiptrip Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Anthony is not the one I was talking about.;)

14. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    The video; Why is she talking to and about him like he is some incompetent baby?
    Why does he allow it?

...or is it just me who got that impression?

gebass6 likes this.
  15. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Put it this way...if I'm old and feeling poorly and a woman still wants to talk to me and fuss over me and hug me and stuff, she can talk baby talk to me any time she wants :D

16. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Since I do not think AJ ever married, and I do not think he has that sort of family support, he is fortunate to have been such a great musician that people care about him and want to help him now that he he has suffered a major disability.

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021