1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anybody in need of two 5 strings pickups?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Triad, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Triad

Triad Commercial User

Jul 4, 2006
    Europe
    Luthier - Prometeus Guitars
    Hello guys! I have a pair of 5 strings humbuckers with Wengé shells I made years ago for a friend... he ended up using a wider spacing (20mm!) so the pickups didn't "read" the string well enough. I made him a new set, so this one has been lying on the bench where I do my setups, doing nothing.
    IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY they have Neodymium magnets, and I'm pretty sure they work with 18-19mm spacing but will doublecheck. I'd gladly send them for free to another TBer. I'll try to take a picture later.
    I'm in Europe, if you're outside it will be a bit harder but still doable. Send me a message if interested (hope I'm not breaking any rule here by doing this!).

Joshua, Reedt2000 and Beej like this.
  2. Hmm...... I might want to see picks.

3. Triad

Triad Commercial User

Jul 4, 2006
    Europe
    20201112_150039.jpg
    20201112_150052.jpg
    20201112_150110.jpg

TerribleTim68 likes this.
  4. Lemme do some measuring on Lucifer and think about this a bit. I really wanted to go with the Nordstrand Dingwall pups for a pretty specific tone, but my budget is just getting smashed to oblivion and the build has totally stalled due to that. Free pups might re-ignite the build. Wenge would certainly work with a wenge-purpleheart neck-thru too.

Altho, I am in the US, so there's that. :facepalm:

5. Triad

Triad Commercial User

Jul 4, 2006
    Europe
    It's exactly the reason that led me to open the thread... I know I'm never going to use them as they were made with weird measurements and I don't use front screws to keep them in position.
    Also, I mainly build ERBs so 5 strings pickups... not gonna happen.

Rôckhewer, Beej and TerribleTim68 like this.
  6. Well, lemme think on it. I'm at work so I can't get to my build to measure for a bit here. Maybe I can poke at my CAD drawings and figure it out if I can find some free time here at work. Stay tuned!

7. Hmm, so I did some poking at my CAD drawing. I built Lucifer on an 18mm string spacing at the bridge, but it's also fan fret and I plan on placing the pups "slanted". Looks like your covers are pretty much the same size as a Bartolini P2 (give or take a millimeter), so I think I'd love to give them a shot. If you are interested, I'd love to have them. I'll respond to the PM with some thoughts on the whole US thing. :thumbsup: :cool:

8. jazyd1

jazyd1

Feb 25, 2013
    pm sent

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2021