Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone using light strings on their spector?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bass1, Aug 19, 2005.

1. bass1

bass1

Dec 11, 2004
    I'm using 40-100 on my euro4lx and can't seem to get it to feel right.Too much bow in the neck and they feel like rubber bands,too little and the notes are chokin out.

I've used 40-100 on a stingray i had previously,with no problems.

So do you think its possible the spector just doesn't take to light strings well,or is it a set up problem?

2. My bass started out with lights. No problem (NS2006Q)

Now there are mids on them. I want to go back lights though

3. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    In my experience, mediums (.45-.105) worked great, felt great and sound great. You should give them a try and if you don't like them, you're only out a few bucks. On second thought, why not ship me the bass and I'll let you know my personal opinion! :p

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    When I get my Spector on Thursday, 45-130's for me.

5. dee rob

dee rob

Feb 3, 2003
    austin, tx
    i've used 40-100 on my 2 euros for years with no problems...it sounds like you may have a setup problem.

dee

6. I actually have been using mediums on mine, and recently played one with lights and it felt 10,000 times better. Lower action too. I think i'm definately gonna go with lights next time.

7. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    I've always played with lights on mine and no prob. It's also not one of the highend ones you could say.

8. bass1

bass1

Dec 11, 2004
    Thanks for the replies guys,have to play with the setup.