1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ARGH!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bl2112, Sep 6, 2008.

1. bl2112

bl2112

Jul 11, 2008
    Orlando
    I mentioned a couple of weeks ago I was having a hard time with my Ampeg BA115. It was inamitent signal break up and distortion. I took it to a authorized repair shop and was told it was dirty pots. About a week ago I was playing with harmonics and it started to distort and the signal dropped out and went much higher then what it started. I'm just pissed that it wasnt fixed and have no idea what to do now.

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The "funny" part about that is there are no authorized Ampeg repair shops anymore, so it doesn't surprise me they didn't actually repair your amp. I would take it back to the shop, since any reputable repair shop has a 30 day (or similar) warranty on repair work, so they are obligated to do the work they failed to do before.

3. bl2112

bl2112

Jul 11, 2008
    Orlando
    I called Ampeg and they told me to take it to wells electronics. They were a Authorized shop it even said so on the website. I've got a big gig in a couple of weeks and would really like to have my amp working.