1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aria & Aria Pro II Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Introvox, Feb 1, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    This is one bass I would really like to check out. I bet it's nice!! :)

EDIT: Where did you find this bass? I can not find it on the web. :-/

2. Introvox

Introvox

May 21, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    I'm sure you'll love it....every Aria I've ever tried:

Felt Great and Sounded Great

Very nice looking too!

3. far0n

far0n

Apr 28, 2005
    Yorkshire, UK
    It's a shame but Aria basses just don't seem to have a distinct identity. Jack of all trades thing going on. :meh:

4. Introvox

Introvox

May 21, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    +1...I can get just about any sound I need, and it's very expressive...I'm hoping my upgrade is not actually a downgrade...

5. Introvox

Introvox

May 21, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    Wow...checked that one out again, and noticed that it's actually a CTB, and looks basically the same as my Magna.

CTB was late 80's, and Magna was early 90's (mine 91)

I wonder if there are any significant changes, or just a name change....anybody know?

6. GearGod

GearGod

Aug 10, 2006
    Akron, Ohio
    By Newest Baby!.

My Newest Baby3. Hey! I'm In! I just got an Aria Pro II STB series PJ! Heavan! Neck of the GODS! I am not sure how old this axe is, but the serial # is 5014952. I got it from E-Bay, and I am most happy! Any Idea as to the age of my newest axe? Here are the blurry pictures fo E-Bay:

7. RBrownBass

RBrownBass Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    The two-pickup version of this bass is where my username comes from. Owned it, played it, loved it, tried to mod it anyhow and ended up selling it for waaaay less than I paid for it.

8. Introvox

Introvox

May 21, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    Pretty sure that STB's were made in 1993 only

9. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    ok, here's mine. I don't have the sb-elite ii anymore, I just wasn't playing it much. But the sb-1000 just has that incredibly unique tone.

Attached Files:

10. Nobody got the Aria Pro II Avantes Steve Bailey Signature bass?

11. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    Connecticut
    I had one a few years back, played nice, weighed a ton. I sold it to Daddy's Junky Music (and got completely ripped off), last I knew they had it in their flagship NH store.

crappy pic...god, I'm hairy:
    [​IMG]

12. ^ Nice bass, what kind of strap is that?

13. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    Connecticut
    You can actually see a strap in there? Wow, better eyes that me. It's just a regular 2" nylon strap, has this funky little cross combined with a G-clef sign.

14. I have an Aria deal in the works as well as second possible deal with a local music store. Is there anywhere on the internet that explains exactly what models where produced in Japan VS Korea?? Also, anyone have any pics of Arias from the Japan Custom Shop??

I had an Aria years ago and have always missed that bass. I haven't seen pics of one similar here, I forgot what model it was :confused:

15. I like the yellow logo on the strap :)

16. Here's mine. It's not my main bass, though. I have an 83 Ibanez Musician for the front line duty. My SB is what I use for the E flat stuff (VH, Stevie Wonder, Peter Gabriel)

It's an 84 model which I've owned for 10 years and has been well taken care of. Original case too. I love this bass, but it's not as easy to play as my Musician.

What do you guys think of the SB's?

Attached Files:

17. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Cool, another pilot with a SB1000. :)

18. Ive got one, but its a bit crappy, and just my banger bass, its a "Magna Series", but its modded up, and gets used more than anything else at gigs and practices!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:)

19. TechZilla

TechZilla

Jun 18, 2005
    Owensboro, KY
    Here's Mine
    got it brand new around 1987. I've thought about getting rid of it many times but I just can't

[​IMG]

20. Introvox

Introvox

May 21, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    DON'T!!!....I've thought the same thing many many many times, and I can't either....do like me....upgrade

with your's being a 4 banger, I'd throw some Barts in there, and let her continues kicking butt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.