1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aria & Aria Pro II Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Introvox, Feb 1, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBalls

TBalls

Mar 18, 2005
    Boston
    Does anyone know of a good place to find replacement Aria parts? My first "real" bass was an AVB-40 and I (stupidly) converted it to be a fretless quite a few years back. Lately I've been thinking I'd like to get a fretted neck and put back to its prior glory. I put in a nice EMG PJ set and I kind of miss it.

2. How does the new SB1000s (Both RI and CB) compare with the old SB1000s?

BTW, is a replacement bridge for the SB1000s easy to find?
    I believe the model is J510-B4 by Gotoh.

3. allenhumble

allenhumble Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2004
    Kennesaw GA.

That was my first bass but only mine had 2 pickups. That is one of the only basses I wish I still had.Regrets,regrets.....:(

4. slagdump2003

slagdump2003

Feb 15, 2007
    Ontario
    [​IMG]
    Been usin this one for 25 years never had a problem with it

5. slagdump2003

slagdump2003

Feb 15, 2007
    Ontario
    [​IMG]
    Been usin this one for 25 years never had a problem with it

6. Wicked Grain!

7. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
  8. Introvox

Introvox

May 21, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    When I bought my Magna 5 new, I paid $800cdn plus taxes with case.

And in researching Magnas, I always wondered why the 4 string version, like Mohawk's in post #40, sold new for around 350 - 400 new, way back when...now they get maybe 200+.

Well a 4 banger came in for a jack fix so I was able to compare. Sure the shape is the same, but the two appear like they were made by two totally different companies.

Differences 4 has modest bolt on maple neck / 5 has a neck that continues about 2" more into the body, better sustain, rosewood, really fast neck for a 5 banger, thin/narrow

5 has painted neck, and no ugly Made In Korea printed on the neck

4 has serial # back of headstock printed (letters and digits, lots)
    5 has it stamped into 22nd fret (5 digits)

4 - 22 frets
    5 - 24 frets

pots are completely different, as is jack

4 is PJ, 5 is slanted JJ

Anyone know if there were 4 bangers closer to mine?

[​IMG]

9. GearGod

GearGod

Aug 10, 2006
    Akron, Ohio
    I just bought an Aria Pro II STB series P/J Four string from E-bay. I gotta say that this bass RULES! Aria necks are simply the most comfortable I have ever felt (except for Petch's Rumblefish, maybe.) The fit and finish are way above average compared to some of the other basses that I have played (i.e. A yami srx505, a squire jazz, and a warmoth frankenbass.). Not plugged in, is as loud as My Schecter studio 5 NT, and plugged in, plugged in it makes me smile like the Cheshire Cat! Did I mention that the neck is stupendous?! I am not sure how old this bass is, and I could use some help. The headstock says Aria ProII in a nice script, and the pickups have no writing on them. My friend has an Aria Avante P?J four with a 2 octave neck that has the same script, but the p/u's say Aria on them. My serial # is 5014952, and any help would uh, HELP!

10. I already had an Aria Pro II STB-series bass for years (and still have), but now I encountered a nice one on ebay ... a Aria Pro II TSB 350 THOR SOUND, pic included ;)

11. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Does that Thor have an XLR output? That is how all basses should be!

12. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    I want in! I played a TSB-400 from 1984-1996. I still have it and a TSB-650 and a SB-900

13. Introvox

Introvox

May 21, 2001
    Ontario, Canada

14. I first saw it posted while I was travelling and really didn't have time to pull the trigger on it, arrange payment, etc. When I got back, I couldn't believe it was still available. I really don't know that much about Aria's but I'm going to read up on them. I just love the looks and history on this one!!! Seems like one hell of a bass for the $$$ too.

15. I own an Aria, but since I don't own a digital camera, I guess it doesn't exist. Anyway, it's a Pro 2 Cardinal Series, the single pickup model, bolt-on neck, 4 string. I've owned it since I started playing, fourteen years and change ago; never had to do any serious work on it (I've cleaned the pots once) and whenever I pick it up, it sounds great. Evenly weighted, relatively light, and sustains for months. You'd have to pry this one from my cold, dead hands if you wanted to take it from me.

16. Can I join with my Aria ABG ? Its an Aria FEB Acoustic Bass with Spruce Top and Mahogany Sides, Back and Neck. 864mm Longscale, Fishman Sonicore Piezo and Aria -EQ

[​IMG]

17. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    That's a beauty man! :hyper:

18. Introvox

Introvox

May 21, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    My Bill Lawrence J45's just showed up and I installed them in my Magna....woooo baby!, no turd polish needed here!, none needed before, but man what a difference.

I highly recommend them...

19. atrapp

atrapp

Dec 4, 2006
    Taichung, Taiwan
    Here's my R60... bought it a few months back. Some previous owner pulled the stock pup and replaced it with a Dimarzio HB... I pulled that and put the EMG 35 in...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How much did he charge you? Nordstrand makes a EMG 40 shape, been thinking of having him make me one with a dual coil...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.