1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aria & Aria Pro II Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Introvox, Feb 1, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockstar744

rockstar744

Feb 15, 2007
    Portland OR
    ^ ive got the same as TechZilla, black but with a natural headstock. I've strung it w/ flats, and i'd never get rid of it! (and it was my 1st bass)

2. circuitspore

circuitspore

Aug 27, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    I just sent payment for this one:

[​IMG]

You guys might have seen it on eBay. It's gonna need a little TLC, but I look forward to getting my hands on it.

Hopefully it'll be here in a week's time.

3. oh wow! cool club! :)

here's my aria stb-JB. :) fitted with custom made clear pickguard and a pair of custom overwound J-pickups. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Canadian APII likes this.
  4. hellz

hellz

Feb 25, 2007
    Nice ! ... btw what do u think about this bass ARIA STB JB series?
    Quality?..Playability..?PickUp`s..?Action?...tones?.. :)

5. thanks man. :)

i love my stb-j bro, bang for the buck. :) do change the strings if you get one... those strings die easily. got a set of steel roundwounds and the thing just barks like a mad dog. :) the first thing you'll notice is the neck... it has a p-bass neck profile, so those who are used to basses with the jazz necks might need to adjust to the p-neck. but you'll easily feel at home after playing around with the thing. :) the action right out of the box was ok, but it will need a few adjustments to suit your taste. :) i replaced the pickups with custom overwound pickups with alnicos. but i believe the stock pickup is ceramic. i remember when i first got the stb (with the original pickup on it) that my favorite setting was with the bridge pickup on full, the neck pickup about half, and the tone rolled off to about half. perfect for some finger funk. :) with both pickups full, you get this beefy tone. overall, it's a good quality bass with a reasonable price tag. :)

i uploaded some samples here by the way:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314022

6. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Very nice, especially like the chrome pick guard.

7. thanks. :) oh, it's a clear pickguard. :)

8. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Duaaah, even SAID that in your post. :rollno:
    Even cooler. I have owned my SB1000 for 24 years and still love it.

9. oh wow. i've always wanted an SB1000... a music store here started carrying Arias late last year... i hear the IGBs are on their way... i do hope the SB series follows next. i cant wait. :-D

10. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    My SB is posted on page two of this thread. I thought they are being produced again under the name SB1000RI but I don't know if it ever really happened?

http://www.ariaguitars.com/int/00int_main/banner_link/pro_new_02.html

11. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    I desperatly want one of those, are they a rare find these days?

12. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    If anyone has a SB1000RI I would love to hear their review. Seems like I read they are not being imported to the US.
    Cliff got one! :eyebrow:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_Burton

13. YES!

Finally an Aria Thread.

My First bass was an Aria IGB-40

And even though I own several more expensive basses, its still my favorite.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Nice one!! Are my eyes decieving me or do you have your strings wraped the wrong way around the tuners??

I'll be an Aria member when mine arrives on wednesday!!

15. the IGBs are arriving before the month ends says a local music store here... im pretty excited to try em out. :)

16. it's a beauty! love the grain on the body. wow!

17. I actually never noticed that before.

I had some repairs done at the local music shop and to save myself time I payed them an extra two bucks to string it for me because I hate restringing

Apparently it wasnt a good idea.

Im dew for new strings anyway.

Thanks for pointing it out though, I'll definately be doing it myself next time.

-GM

18. I don't think it will effect anything, it just looked odd. The strings should run pretty straight from the nut to the tuners if you wrap them the other way. It takes a bit of practice to string a bass and have it all look clean. Cutting them to the proper length, by eye is half the battle. It just takes a little practice.

19. hellz

hellz

Feb 25, 2007
    Aria IGB-40 ... recommended 1st bass?... is better than squier affinity or washburn T14? ..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.