1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aria & Aria Pro II Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Introvox, Feb 1, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. !Rob!

!Rob!

Mar 2, 2007
    I just looked this one up, and did some research on it...reviews at Harmony-Central are through the roof.

Almost all 9's and 10's, not to mention it is simply a beautiful bass.

I would give my recommendation from what I've seen so far, and lastly the Aria name also holds some weight here in comparison to Squire.

And our "club" is better.

2. !Rob!

!Rob!

Mar 2, 2007
    wooo.....I'm not liking that top horn on the Washburn T14, but that is my opinion only.

3. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Glad to hear Aria basses are getting good reviews. I keep harping about the quality of my old SB but that says nothing about what they are doing today. I would really like to try out a STB. Roger's looks killer in post 83. And 12string's blue baby is :eek:. :)

4. !Rob!

!Rob!

Mar 2, 2007
    What is the situation with the SB,?

Most I've seen were great.

5. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    I didn't mean to post that in a negative way, my 83 SB1000 is the nicest bass I have ever played, quality second to none. The older SB's were made in the Matsumoku plant, not sure where they are made today.

6. !Rob!

!Rob!

Mar 2, 2007
    Cool....I love SB's, should stand for:

Sustains Better :cool:

7. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Keep your eye on ebay and maybe be willing to except a SB 700, R80 or R60 as you may not see a 1000 any time soon. If you do see a SB1000 you like be sure to have the seller guarantee it is original. The pups have a bad habit of going bad and when they do it seems many pull all the electronics out and drop in an ill-fitting after market pup. To me that would drop the worth in half if not more. Good luck!

Did you see this site?
    http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fyfeholt/aria.htm

8. Well remember, it IS passive.

And DOES leave a little more to be desired, but Its punchy, and has a really fast neck.

It was my first bass, and as I said before Ive played and own some quite expensive basses, and its still my favorite.

I would recommend it most definately.

9. You wont be dissapointed.

the IGB-40 is the bottom model in the series besides the shortscale ones.

If they got the IGB-68 in youd be in heaven, theyre so nice.

10. id go with the IGB bro... it's definitely better than the squier affinity. :) bang for the buck...

as for my aria gas... i am totally digging this sexy beast...

[​IMG]

wow!

11. im so excited... yeah i believe they'll be bringing in the igb-40 and the igb-68... im really excited about the IGB-68, should be a killer. :)

12. My "Steve Bailey prototype Japan Custom Shop Jazz Bass" just landed from Hawaii. All I can say is..........OH MY!! :D

I know it doesn't exist without pics, I'll post them ASAP. Right now I'm in Aria heaven :hyper:

13. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Sweeet! Can't wait to see it. :bassist:

14. circuitspore

circuitspore

Aug 27, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    She's in my hands:

[​IMG]

1980 Aria Pro II TSB-550. The nut width is 1.75", which I'm a little iffy on, but the heel width is just barely over 2" - the skinniest I've owned on a 34" scale bass.

I've gotta switch out the busted volume pot, and hopefully there won't be any issue with the pickup. So what does the little switch do, anyways? Is it series/parallel?

15. FriscoBassAce

FriscoBassAce

Dec 29, 2004
    Frisco, Texas
    Independent Manufacturers Representative
    I just saw this thread and remembered my old Cardinal series bass that I owned briefly during the 80's. I bought if off my singer at the time for $100 and it was my back up bass. It was a translucent red with gold colored knobs and white pickups. I sold it about a year later when I had just moved to Dallas and was broke. Wish I had it these days. I recently saw one that was exactly like it on eBay...I think it went for about $350 or $400 and it was in near-mint condition. Almost like someone had it in the case in their closet for all those years.

16. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Nice! How does it sound?

17. Pics, therefore it exists :smug:

This is one hell of a bass. The preamp is quite powerful. Still getting used to the stacked knobs but they provide a wonderful range of tone. The neck is awesome and the setup came just PERFECT for me;) This is going sideline several other Jazz Basses for a while :D Oh.........and I think it's very purdy lookin' too :ninja:

From the sellers thread:

Here is an excerpt from the letter that accompanies this bass, from Bob Young, VP at NHF / Aria USA.

This bass "was indeed played by Steve Bailey at the NAMM show and on various recording sessions. It was integral in the development of the ARIA Steve Bailey Model basses: 4, 5, and 6 string, both fretted and unfretted versions. The model AVBSB04AP, serial # 9507XX was made in the ARIA custom shop in Japan, under the "AP" designation and was one of the prototypes used by Steve Bailey before his approval for the actual production models. Production models were finally manufactured in Korea."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. circuitspore

circuitspore

Aug 27, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Dunno, but I'll let ya know once I get that volume pot fixed. :D

19. wow that's a beauty!

20. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    ^^ All I can say is wow. So many nice features there, the output jack, the pick guard and I love the AP on the headstock. If if plays and feels like my SB it must be killer. I noticed the neck is wider on the pup side. Not almost straight like the older SB's. Does it have a jazz bass sound?

SWEEET! :hyper:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.