Aussie Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JES, Aug 4, 2008.

1. I wanted to drop in and say hi, believe me! I was on a tight schedule though :( Next time for sure!

2. JES

JES Supporting Member

Thanks again everyone for the recs. I just posted a review of a LAL Super Oscillo Fuzz that I bought at Pete's Musicians' Market. I also did the Paramatta Road walk and especially enjoyed my visit to Bass People, where I picked up a couple locally made straps that are very nicely sitting on my instruments. My wife's comments about Bass People? "They were super nice" and "I've never seen so many Jaco CDs in one place in my life." Lots of beautiful instruments on the walls, too.

Best,
    --JES

3. Evan_S._Brown

Evan_S._Brown

Jan 10, 2008
    glad you enjoyed the visit

....what did your wife think of the Jaco action figurine?

4. JES

JES Supporting Member

She didn't comment on it but based on her assessment of the CDs and DVDs, I'd have to say "nerdy." ;-)

5. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Well we're definitely bass geeks, and proudly so :)

My wife's reaction to the Jaco doll was to ask 2 questions:-

1/ Does it move or dance around?
    2/ Who's Jaco?

Actually for a non-musician she has a pretty good knowledge of equipment, but obviously not the musician's musicians. I had to pull out some Jaco tunes for her to listen to when we got home ;)

6. I'll be there tomorrow, actually!

...without the wife in tow. She would know who Jaco is, but she wouldn't recognise a likeness of him. She'd agree with the geek/nerd assessment as well.

She's off indulging her hobby tomorrow, so it's only fair I get to visit a bass shop!

7. Thanks to Evan and and Matt (two "Bass People" people!) for their hospitality on Friday.

Anyone who thought "Bass Player" was a cool shop has GOT to go visit "Bass People". The shop is set up like The Bass Player should have been, and what they have in stock is simply jaw-droppingly-awesome.

I visit ONE shop in Sydney and my GAS meter has gone off the scale!

So, who needs a kidney?

8. Doolz

Doolz

Oct 5, 2007
    lol, i think i have to say i told you so.

9. Yeah, you do! Oh, and I'm sending you the bill for everything I bought on impulse!

10. joelyb

joelyb

Feb 1, 2007
    sydney australia
    Thanks for the Kind words Nifty

We have tried to set up our version of a bass players heaven here.

Thanks for dropping in we will let you know as soon as we get any info on the Octavius Squeezer -

See you next time

Joel

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021