1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Baby Bass megathread

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by nil, May 2, 2001.

1. dylanjohnson

dylanjohnson Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Morro Bay, CA
    I'm not sure which instruments are being discussed here, but Azola is still building custom orders. Maybe he isn't set up to do the BB replicas, though.

Cheez likes this.
  2. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Interesting. I remember a while ago hearing that he was no longer building. Though, looking through his Facebook, he posted this in May 2020:
    Please send all inquiries to [email protected]
    So, hopefully that means he is back in business!

3. farace

farace Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Connecticut USA
    I remember reading a couple of years back (maybe even here) that someone had bought Azola's tooling and was looking for help to get things sorted out to be able to produce instruments. Maybe it was only certain models?

4. dylanjohnson

Jul 9, 2002
    Morro Bay, CA
    It's been discussed on other threads. Steve is building customs for sure but isn't advertising at all. I'm pretty sure they are handmade at this point. I contacted him a few years ago. I'm not sure what models he is able to do, and I assume he is building in his free time from his day gig.

5. dylanjohnson

Jul 9, 2002
    Morro Bay, CA
    I remember that, too. I thought that was it for Steve's involvement, but I was wrong. Steve told me he makes one at a time and it takes longer than it used to.

6. Sorry for the confusion i was talking about KK Baby Bass out of England...are they still in business?

7. Yes...KK Baby Bass out of England....the website is still up but the contacts go nowhere.

8. doran.dragic

doran.dragic

Jul 2, 2014
    It takes them ages to reply and sometimes they don't even do that. I'd give them a call.

9. thank you!

10. I've got a vintage white Ampeg BB and looking for a gig bag. Any advice would be welcome. Also, I misspelled my last name when signing up, and can't seem to find where to fix it, if possible. Can that be done? Last name is Thomas. Thx

Attached Files:

robmclucky and Fast Freddie like this.
  11. dylanjohnson

Jul 9, 2002
    Morro Bay, CA
    Ray Ramirez Basses has them or go custom with Messina or something if you want higher quality.

RyanKinBK and robmclucky like this.
  12. Contact Us | TalkBass.com

13. Thanks.

robmclucky likes this.
  14. White is THE BEST colour for these fine instruments.
    Great promo shot, Mr Thomas!

Barry Thomas and robmclucky like this.
  15. dylanjohnson

Jul 9, 2002
    Morro Bay, CA
    Mooradian will make them, too, but it will be pricey.

robmclucky likes this.
  16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021