1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass arrived broken.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mattbass6945, Oct 10, 2018 at 10:16 PM.

1. On a positive note (pun intended), my darkglass vintage microtubes pedal came in from a different seller 100% functional. I'm trying to focus on the positive.

wintremute likes this.
  2. This makes me sad.

3. It hurts me more. Believe it!

4. Keith Guitars

Keith Guitars

Aug 25, 2004
    Woodstock, NY
    Builder: Martin Keith Guitars, Veillette Guitars
    On the plus side, this is very repairable. I'd be happy to refer you to some good folks in TX who can fix this, if you end up with the bass (or you could mail it to me in NY...but that seems excessive). Negotiating through Reverb for a partial refund to cover repair is something that happens a lot - as a builder/repair guy, I've had to write up several statements for Reverb to moderate these situations, and they've usually come out positively for the buyer.

5. Seano76

Seano76

Apr 10, 2018
    Looks like it was poorly glued in the factory and just came loose in shipping. Poor quality control.

xnewyorka likes this.
  6. Ross W. Lovell

Ross W. Lovell

Oct 31, 2015
    I must be new or stupid, maybe the latter........

Why would you have to pay shipping and restocking fees for a bass that was not delivered properly?

They owe you a bass, no other charges.

Complain to the store, they contracted the carrier let them sort it out.

So help me Jaco, if you pay any charges I will hunt you down and make you play banjo.

ajkula66 likes this.
  7. Skillet

Skillet Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Louisiana
    That triangular box should've been inside another cardboard box. I want to say that all the basses I've received from UPS, Fedex, or the USPS have been inside two layers of cardboard. With bubblewrap or foam at the instrument itself. Course, that may not have helped this poor thing.

ProfFrink and mattbass6945 like this.
  8. I am just being paranoid, I think. I'll throw the biggest fit if I get hit with charges. It was part of the return policy, but I assume that is if you just change your mind as opposed to ordering one bass and having two halves show up.

9. Ross W. Lovell

Ross W. Lovell

Oct 31, 2015

I'm just the opposite I'm 2 for 2. Both basses arrived well packed, BUT, they were from private sellers who I think have more to lose.

Never bought any musical instrument this way before. Had I read some of the stories, I probably would have passed?

Nah, I'd still get sucked into NBD.

mattbass6945 likes this.
  10. I think I read that Reverb self-insures the packages sent through them, so that should make it easier if the seller clicked the box that says “seller’s protection”. It’s a fee based on the sold value of the item.

Reverb’s pretty good with their services, so I’d think it should get resolved fine - especially for the buyer.

11. Ross W. Lovell

Ross W. Lovell

Oct 31, 2015

The return policy is based on you not being happy with the instrument they sold you.

The policy has nothing to do with them not fulfilling their contract with you by selling you the undamaged instrument they advertised!

One caution, do not talk to the sellers like they are doing you a favor, this is their JOB!

Good Luck, SHOW NO FEAR! SHOW NO MERCY!

mattbass6945 likes this.
  12. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 Groove it

from the time I opened the box and saw that carnage to the time I would have called both the shipper AND the retailer would have about 10 frikken seconds. I'm sorry this happened to you.

mattbass6945 likes this.
  13. Plake

Plake Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Jeez man, unreal.
    Hope it works out.

14. Charlzm

Charlzm Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Gibson/Epiphone was the #1 broken-at-headstock-in-shipping manufacturer when I worked at Guitar Center by a ratio of like 100 to 1. Don't know if it's poor construction or poor package or what. I see that's probably still true.

Sorry about your bass.

mattbass6945 likes this.
  15. Hounddog409

Hounddog409

Oct 27, 2015
    ohio
    Um, return it?

Thought this would be tougher

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  16. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    Typical Gibson/Epiphone weak spot.

17. Jewce

Jewce

Feb 23, 2018
    Santa Maria, CA
    Dang! Yeah...that's broke

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  18. tradernick

tradernick

Mar 19, 2008
    You're not going to have to pay any restocking fees or shipping fees. Reverb should make you 100% whole. If they don't, let us know immediately.
    Absolutely +1. Best gig bag I have ever owned, by far. I bought 2 here and constantly scan the FS ads for more. I'll basically buy any one I see used and just give them to friends if I don't need them.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018 at 1:23 PM
    EatS1stBassist and mattbass6945 like this.