1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

bass auditions... bassist needed

Discussion in 'Wanted: Bass Players' started by Thaos627, May 18, 2011.

1. Thaos627

Thaos627

Jan 10, 2011
    Indiana
    I recieved an email from some guy who needs a bass player. im passing on the offer but i will pass it along to you. this is the email...

Later this Summer Derek will release his Debut Album "I Have A Ball". The Musician Alumni who performed on the Album is like a who's who in the music industry. With talent like Rock and Roll hall of fame inductee, Spooner Oldham and world renowned bassist David Hood, this album takes street credit to a new level for a new artist. Produced by Multi Platinum selling Producer Johnny Sandlin (Who is no stranger to creating great music, i.e.; The Allman Brothers, Cher, Wide Spread Panic). As a writer Derek has created a record that has no fillers.......

We are looking for a bass player to tour with Derek Farris. He is from Indiana and currently lives in Goshen. Please Check out Derekfarris.com that will give you a good look at who we are. If interested in a audition please contact us @ promotions@DerekFarris.com

2. dannylectro

dannylectro Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Never trust bad grammar.

That's all I'm gonna say.

3. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Anytown USA
    Never heard of any of those people other than the bands:
    The Allman Brothers, Cher, Wide Spread Panic

I must be getting old. :)
    Dirk

4. Don't feel bad, I haven't heard of any of them either except for the ones you listed.

5. Just one?? :eek:

6. JUST What I was thunkin'?? Must be a darn good one! :)

7. Thaos627

Thaos627

Jan 10, 2011
    Indiana
    yea it just sounds like a crappy musician who lives in a effiency apartment tryin to break out but obviously has no talent.

8. MarTONEbass

MarTONEbass

Jun 19, 2009
    Norton, MA
    Except for a random comma, there is nothing grammatically incorrect about that post. I'm an English teacher.

9. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Both Spooner Oldham and David Hood are world class studio musicians and part of the famed Muscle Shoals studio band. Both guys have been around since, at the least, the late '60's.

If you're an electric bass player and have not heard or heard of David Hood, I have two things to say: 1) I'm sorry for you. 2) Google is your friend.

Now, as to whether the the guy they recorded for is any good, that's something else altogether.

10. TheVoiceless

TheVoiceless

Jun 11, 2008
    New Jersey
    Well, I was in the dark about Mr.Hood until I read this post. WOW! now that's a discography I would put up against any in the industry. Thanks for the prodding.

11. I used to back up a really talented singer in the Pittsburgh area who put out a demo CD - but studio musicians were used for the demo.

Management wanted the band I played with locally with to back him to tour, but either (a) we couldn't (which was why we played locally) or (b) those that could were appalled at the riduculously low amount of weekly pay they'd receive for going on the road.

Be careful...

Z

12. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    +1

How about capitalization?

From the rockhall.com website: "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame"
    From the email, above: Rock and Roll hall of fame

13. Luckie

Luckie

Jan 1, 2010
    Northfield MN
    Email doesn't work...

14. boriology101

boriology101

Feb 19, 2008
    OREGON
    English is not only for the native English speakers. So many non-native English speakers have imperfect grammar but that doesn't mean that they are not trustworthy.