Bass Microsynth Not Working

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Grant Williams, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Grant Williams

Grant Williams

Sep 2, 2018
    Hey guys, so I have had this issue with my bass Microsynth that I have not ever seen before. I have not seen anyone have this issue yet...

When I'm playing a continuous chord progression the BMS filter keeps sweeping even though my start and stop frequencies are set to the same frequency. Like when I start playing it's really dark but then gradually gets brighter and brighter, then it will just go dark again and start over.
    I'm thinking this is just something that it does normally and I am just going to have to deal with it, but also I don't think the filter should sweep if the start and stop frequencies are set to the same frequency...

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  2. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I tend to get easily confused, but you really got me. Between what you wrote and the video you posted, I’m befuddled. First and foremost, the frequency start and stop are not set to the same frequency in the video, but the most diverse frequencies possible.

Ikkir and Goatrope like this.
  3. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    What happens when you use different settings?
    Also, is it possible to hear a direct signal? Its hard to hear from a phone/room mic.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  4. Goatrope

Goatrope Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Sarasota Florida
    Exactly. This setting will cause the widest sweep possible.

5. Grant Williams

Grant Williams

Sep 2, 2018
    Shoot lol, I didn't even think of that. I normally have them set next to each other and it still does it. I have a friend that has one and he played the same exact thing with the same exact settinfs and his didn't do it.

6. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    As mentioned here, in the video your settings will have a wide, slow sweep which is consistent with what I hear?

7. Grant Williams

Grant Williams

Sep 2, 2018
    I've been playing it with the filter sweep settings next to each and far apart. I get the same results. I even had a friend of mine set the same settings and play the same exact thing and his didn't do it.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021