Bass Strings Online

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by workinthecorner, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. workinthecorner

workinthecorner

May 12, 2012
    I've seen some awesome reviews of these guys which got me excited to purchase somewhere other than my local GC. I'm disappointed that I can't add to that group of reviews, but want to make sure balanced feedback is on this forum.

I placed an order for strings and a couple accessories 8 days ago, qualifying for free shipping. Since the first "order received" email, I haven't gotten any follow-up to suggest my order is being worked on or exactly what the delay in shipping it is. I don't think it's even hit the mail yet, so I'm probably looking at at least 14 days to get this purchase which seems crazy in this day and age. The show I purchased fresh strings for is next Wednesday, a full 15 days after when I placed the order, and I still doubt they'll arrive by then.

Really just disappointed that I'm only left with an in person GC purchase at retail price, basically making this whole experiment one big failure and definitely a repeat customer lost. Still hoping the goods arrive eventually!

Linnin likes this.
  2. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Inactive Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    Did you contact us?

3. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    In case you do not know I'm the owner/opperator of the company.

4. workinthecorner

workinthecorner

May 12, 2012
    Hey - I sent a message via the website yesterday, I hadn't heard anything since the order was placed about ETAs and such.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  5. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    I have replied to all emails as of 3pm this afternoon. Including voicemail and texts.

Please PM me your email address / name / order number or something I can trace to an order...

6. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    No emails through my website from you.

However we were in the middle of a text message conversation that started 50 minutes ago.

Pbassmanca and two fingers like this.
  7. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    There is no free lunch. It's a give and take.

I deal with Jason some. Here's what I have found.

You get great prices and personal customer service. Jason goes out of his way to work with particularly TB members. That's the good.

The bad is that BSO is a small operation. They simply can't send you an update all the time. They also sometimes will order from the manufacturer something they don't have in stock. That will hold things up. (Happened to me with a set of tuners.... but I wasn't in a hurry.)

The way you are dealing with BSO is acceptable to me. I prefer supporting a small operation that looks out for us.

But, I also understand that I might have to swing by a local store and grab a set of strings if I let my stock get low before ordering from BSO.

Also, you are not paying retail at GC. For instance, MSRP for a set of standard D'Addario XL bass strings is $40.25. You won't even pay that at a local mom n pop. Guitar Center price is $19.99.

I will continue to order from BSO and if I need to I'll swing by and grab a set locally to hold me over.

If you force BSO to email you every other day for an update their prices will go up to pay for the staff to handle that. ;)

acmeseed, Maynjo, TheMaynorD and 24 others like this.
  8. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    Customer texted me less than an hour ago. Asked if I could send the other items as one item was not listed as in stock when purchased. Had no problem doing that instead he posted a thread saying I'm ignoring him.

Thanks buddy.

9. workinthecorner

workinthecorner

May 12, 2012
    Resolved. I feel like 8 days is long enough to wait for a response from the store without having to actively pursue updates from the company (especially via text message). Knowing it's a mom and pop definitely makes sense and sets expectations, still felt a little weird being "in the cold" about the order though. Good response once texting started, again it's resolved. Others have had great experiences so take this with a huge grain of salt, maybe it helps set expectations for others in the future.

Groovybanana, Alex Bass, BOOG and 2 others like this.
  10. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    You texted me (NOT EMAILED ME THROUGH MY WEBSITE AS YOU CLAIMED) at 5:39 PM. I responded within minutes.

The Fender Wall Hanger that was not listed as in stock is taking longer than usual. However, I have experienced some longer shiptimes than I would like with these lower priced accessories that are also just increasing my shipping expenses I'm going to be removing them.

You were not left in the cold.

11. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    I appreciate the support!

FWIW... The customer added a $12 accessory to his order. Unfortunately that was holding it up. We had already arranged by Text Message for me to send the Strings and other items to him. He then posted this thread after we already made the arrangements.

12. workinthecorner

workinthecorner

May 12, 2012
    Today is the first I've heard any of these updates since placing the order, after having to go out and actively text for clarification and get any sort of response. All that info about accessories would have been awesome and at least given me an idea of what was going on. Don't know how to prove I sent the message yesterday (maybe there was an error with the site) other than some internet history

upload_2018-4-19_20-36-49.png

And maybe the hanger changed over the last 8 days, it's been a minute, but nothing suggesting low on stock here. It even gives an idea of shipping time. The bass strings say ship within 1-3 days, it's been 8.

upload_2018-4-19_20-38-18.png

13. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    Strings are in stock.
    Fast Fret is in stock.

None of those pages are the pages for the contact form. You did text me just under an hour ago and we made arrangements for the items except for the hanger to be shipped.... THEN you posted this thread saying you HAD NO RESPONSE FROM ME?!?!?!?!?!?

We do not split orders unless asked. As you can see the wall hanger was not listed as in stock. We usually ship within that window (business days). We are expecting it in any day now.

Loring and PillO like this.
  14. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    Sorry it didn't work out. I do wish you well on your musical journey and where ever it may take you.

Anything I can do for you I am happy to. You can reach out to me by text anytime. (it is after hours now for example). Always happy to do what I can to get you what you need.

Thank you.

tfer, andrew, Duder and 5 others like this.
  15. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    There's an old saying. "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part"

@OP you need to lighten up...... You could have easily asked Jason to put a rush on the strings and I'm sure he would have.

quickfix, Nev375, Charlzm and 14 others like this.
  16. 1bassplayinfool

1bassplayinfool -Nowhere Man- Gold Supporting Member

Wow... never had problems with BSOL... Jason and crew are on top of it. Some stuff takes a bit longer to get if not in stock.

Squinty Jones, leto, Phud and 3 others like this.
  17. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    I let him know I would have been more than happy to rush the on hand product to him. He opted to cancel the entire order instead.

Thank you! I appreciate the support! I am constantly working to improve things so always welcome feedback!

dan1952, Loring, Phil508 and 2 others like this.
  18. TjMetalhead

TjMetalhead

Oct 19, 2011
    New Mexico
    Hey! Great I ran into you here, any word on my order? Order # BASS-89456 I know singles take a while to get.

19. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    I see your order for the CB040 single. Chromes take longer than other D'Addario singles. They are made to order (except the High-C and Low-B singles those are standard items). We normally stock them but can not predict all sales. I expect to see your string in my shop any day now. Will turn it around the same day.

gregmon79 and TjMetalhead like this.
  20. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    It kinda bugs me that a guy who hasn't participated in this forum in about 6 years pops on to rag out a great asset to the Forum.:rollno:

21. 1bassplayinfool

1bassplayinfool -Nowhere Man- Gold Supporting Member

Thank you! I appreciate the support! I am constantly working to improve things so always welcome feedback!

Hey I'd go to work for you guys in a minute... :bassist:

/\/\3phist0 likes this.
  22. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.