1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass used for Manthing recording?

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by climb, Mar 20, 2009.

1. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Michael,
    Longtime fan and admirer of your work. I first bought Unusual Weather on cassette tape as a high school student. On the CD release of Unusual Weather, there's a track at the end that you did together with Michael Hedges entitled "Manthing". Can you tell me anything about that track? In particular--do you have any clue what bass guitar/setup you used? The tone is stunning but also seems a little different than some of your other recordings.

thanks!

2. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks so much, climb. If I recall correctly, that was an old Jazz bass copy I made out of parts. Not much of a bass really, but it got the job done. It was always a pleasure playing with my old friend Michael Hedges.