Bassists/Cat Owners Club!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by nancyanne, Jul 3, 2009.

1. nancyanne

Jun 30, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    There's a Bassists/Dog Owners Club, and now there's a Bassists/Cat Owners Club!

Edit: Ok, reality has set in...It's the Bassists Owned by Cats Club!! :D

Here's mine to start it out:

Indie the cat with Bigfoot in her ear is the black one on the left. In the middle, the gray and white fat evil one is Pixie. On the right is the tabby, Jezebel, who is my master and I obey all commands she gives me, else I get the hose again.

nancyanne #1
    Lady Kayri #2
    CrispyDelicious #3
    UncleFluffy #4
    Kelly Lee #5
    ricardex #6
    Tarrbot #7
    chuck1073 #8
    Jim Nazium #9
    bassteban #10
    alapantera #11
    warwick.hoy #12
    joeinsprings #13
    MadMan118 #14
    Oric #15
    cdef #16
    Rodent #17
    BluesyCat #18
    Bastard #19
    coreyfyfe #20
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I like cats, but unfortunately I'm allergic, and my parents more so.

When I move out, I'll probably get a cat and a dog to keep me company though.
  3. No pics yet as I have problems getting them to post... Tuxedo cat at 15 lbs is Harley, brown & black tabby at 7 lbs is Tig Tig - yet Tig Tig rules the roost, Harley lets her beat him up - of course, there's not much she can do to him, if he gets bothered he just walks away.
  4. I believe I qualify for this club.

His name is Dude. I adopted him maybe 5 years ago; he's around 13. He's awesome.
  5. UncleFluffy

Mar 8, 2009
    Head Tinkerer, The Flufflab
    Here's Mr Prowley:

and here's Mischief:

and here's the two of them together:

CatSquare likes this.
  6. To be honest, I'm so used to my cat, that not fat/fluffy cats looks strange to me. Still cute, but strange. As if they are pygmy cats.
  7. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    The club should be renamed the "Bassist owned by Cats" club! :D

I have four of them. Sorry, no pics at the moment.
  8. nancyanne

Jun 30, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Must see pictures!

Indie is about 8lbs soaking wet, Pixie is 22lbs of blubber, and Jezebel yo-yo's between 10 and 12lbs. Everyone remarks what a big cat Jezzie is, but holy crap Pixie is a basketball. If I don't feed Pixie all she wants, she'll start eating the apartment. Carpeting, clothes, electrical wiring, chair legs, etc. I've tried to put her on diets twice, and both times she once again started gnawing on everything.
  9. I have 2 cats. One is a 20+lb behemoth while the other is a scrawny Sphinx named Melange.

Melange actually eats more than the monster, if you can believe it. But that's more to do with her breed than anything.

She thinks she's the tops in the house but in reality it's the bass that is.

Her reaction?

10. Here's "Tilda". She's about 2 years old. Plays fetch with aluminum foil balls. I also have "Sammy". He's almost 12 now and has double/double paws (7 pads on each)

I agree with the "bassists owned by cats" change. We're just here to feed, pet, play and open doors. They graciously allow us to stay in their house.
  11. Me and my housemates are thinking about getting a cat as soon as the allergic and recently graduated housemate has left. Let's hope we get one!
  12. Jim Nazium

Jim Nazium Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Takoma Park, MD (DC)
    I'm in! The orange boy is Rohan, the tortie girl is Mudita.

Attached Files:

13. [​IMG]
    Loopy Lou, the world's oldest *living* cat(she's technically dead but hasn't realized it yet). WORST BREATH IN CAPTIVITY, and a confirmed nip-head.
    Nostrils- so named for the black spots on his nose- playing w/water. After becoming soaked through he'll go roll in the kids' sandbox, dog style. Has a high-pitched *Michael Jackson* voice, which he seems to be embarassed by & doesn't use much.
    Mai-Mai(took one look at her and said 'She's my kitty), Nostrils' sister. Smaller than her brother, she routinely ambushes and beats the crap out of him.
  14. alapantera

Mar 22, 2004
    The newest members:

From left to right: Bear, Patch, Coffee, Twinkle Toes
    mbberard likes this.
  15. Killer pix.

Cats are the GREATEST!
  16. warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    This is Tommy the Cat.

We had to have him put to sleep last weekend. He had feline idiopathic cyctitis. It was very sad but it had progressed to the point that all that could be done was treatment to try to ease the pain. He was urinating all over our house and we couldn't keep up with the cleaning and can't live like that. We weighed what was more selfish,...keeping him alive or putting him to sleep. [/downer]

We have 3 (technically 4) other cats however so there is still lots of love in our house.

These were the last pics of TTC so we have Leroy (a girl) on the pillow,...TTC and then Mau is looking at the camera. She is Ms. Personality.

Mau. Is a cross bread Egyptian Mau. Some lady around Portland Ore. was breeding them to keep the breed alive, but as she got older she couldn't keep up with it and just allowed them to be indoor outdoor cats. Somewhere along the line the lineage got convoluted. A lady from around here goes and visit the old woman and brings back a few of the kittens to rehome. Mau is the most loving cat.

When we first got her (Not quite a kitten)

Here is a blurry Leroy from a couple of months ago, more to prove that I also play bass. She is still growing.

Leroy as a kitten. She has a thing for effects.

Jasmine is the Anti-Social one,...just look at that smug expression on her face.

And then Pretty Kitty AKA: PK/Pikachu/Mr. Rotten (we are the masters of androgynous names)

He's on our neighbors roof.
    CatSquare likes this.
  17. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    We have four. (well eight, but four of them are going away when they are old enough)
  18. vbasscustom

Sep 8, 2008
    ok, so give me a number. i have a cat that i rescued from a camp i went to a couple years ago. she dont got no name, so, on any given day, its either cat, kitty, or dumbass. but i love her to death.
  19. MadMan118

Jan 10, 2008
    Vallejo, CA
    I have 2 cats and soon 4. One is about 18 lbs of fur and eyeballs and the other is a lean mean 6 pound rat destroyer. The fat one lounges around on the garage floor and the ninja-cat usually stalks around the rafters, only coming down if I call her out. And yeah I know no pics no cat so as soon as I find my USB cable I'll put them up here.