1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Behringer BSY600 problem

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by taco60616, Aug 2, 2012.

1. taco60616

taco60616

Jul 31, 2012
    I just bought a Behringer Bass Synth on Craigslist. I get back to plug it in, and it's not working. I go to take the cable out, and it starts working. Turns out, I can only have it half way the IN input to have it functioning.

Help? :(

2. Explorer

Explorer

Jul 4, 2010
    Hope someone gives you a complete solution!

3. taco60616

taco60616

Jul 31, 2012
    Well, I have the weirdest story. After trying a bunch of different cables in the pedal, and after opening it up and putting it back together, I plugged in one of my other cables to the Out input. It was a stereo cable, and for some reason, it was the only one that worked.

I can't use that forever, it's one of my longer cables. Do they make stereo patch cables?

4. RunBeerRun

RunBeerRun Banned

Mar 10, 2003
    Yeah, there's TRS (tip, ring and sleeve) stereo plugs.

5. taco60616

taco60616

Jul 31, 2012
    Much thanks! But TRS patch cables? I'm gonna assume so. Weird pedal, but when it works, it works great. :)

6. rr5025

rr5025

Nov 12, 2008
    Maybe you got some sort of weird qc mess up? Almost sounds like they mixed up the exp jack with the output jack...

7. taco60616

taco60616

Jul 31, 2012
    If I knew what was wrong, this thread wouldn't exist. But when this pedal works, you can coax all sorts of crazy sounds out of it. I just wish it wasn't so finnicky. :(

8. Explorer

Explorer

Jul 4, 2010
    If only someone could give you an idea of what the problem actually is, and then tell you how to fix it so it's completely fixed. Often people who do that need only a bit of acknowledgment that one has bothered reading the response to make it worth their time....

9. taco60616

taco60616

Jul 31, 2012
    I am thinking about rehousing this particular pedal. It has a great Hold feature, I just wish it was latch instead of momentary. And I'm not a big fan of the plastic enclosure.

10. taco60616

taco60616

Jul 31, 2012
    Would that be a feasible thing to do?

11. Yes it is feasible to do. I have not got around to it myself because of other preoccupations but I found that the enclosure Hammond 1550B is the right size, however you will need to trim the corners of the PCB board to get it to fit.

in Febuary I was asked to do a thread about rehousing this pedal. I will send you a message when I get my ass in gear. I really dig this pedal but not the housing.

12. It sounds like the signal is on the ring jack instead of tip. That's on odd mix up. Does it work fine in bypass?

13. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

It is a behringer... not a big shock it broke... why not just replace it? I thought Behringer pedals were around $30 new....

14. rr5025

rr5025

Nov 12, 2008
    Get on that! I am dying to rehouse mine!

15. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness... Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    Me too...

16. .
    I've owned a few Behringer products over the years.
    (Bass V-amp Pro, Europower power amp, microphone, etc.)
    While they perform quite well, there have been serious reliability issues.
    Each time one of them failed I tried to convince myself that it was still good gear.

Its not.... my apologies to Behringer fans and the company itself.

I've sold them all and now buy better quality stuff. You really do get what you pay for.

Behringer need to invest in better designs and production processes right across their range IMHO.
    Until they do I'll never buy another Behringer product.

Greg