Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer Stomp Boxes are coming!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by PaulF, Aug 20, 2005.

1. PaulF

PaulF

Nov 17, 2004
    Some of the Behringer Stomp Boxes have arrived, although the only Bass one is the Limiter Enhancer:

BASS LIMITER ENHANCER BLE100
    Ultimate Dynamics Effects Pedal
    ACOUSTIC MODELER AM100
    Acoustic Modeler Effects Pedal
    BLUES OVERDRIVE BO100
    Classic Overdrive Effects Pedal
    OVERDRIVE/DISTORTION OD100 2-Mode Overdrive/Distortion Effects Pedal
    PREAMP/BOOSTER PB100
    Preamplifier/Volume Booster
    TUBE OVERDRIVE TO100
    Authentic Tube-Sound Overdrive Effects Pedal
    ULTRA TREMOLO UT100
    Classic Tremolo Effects Pedal

Hopefully the rest of the bass stomps (and the Tuner) will be close behind.... :bag:

PaulF

2. Nice, I was just about to order my bass crybaby, and I managed to find these pedals for sale. Im tempted to pick up the UT-100 Ultra Tremolo for my guitar (and possibly for bass use) at the price its going for (£13) and see how it goes.
    I don't usually buy gear without trying it, but that price is very very tempting...

It will be interesting to see the bass stomps they are bringing out too, any ideas what types they are making?

3. PaulF

PaulF

Nov 17, 2004
    Here's the list from the website (inc. guitar stuff as well):

V-TONE GUITAR GDI21
    V-TONE BASS BDI21
    V-TONE ACOUSTIC ADI21
    VINTAGE DISTORTION VD1
    VINTAGE PHASER VP1
    PREAMP/BOOSTER PB100
    TUBE OVERDRIVE TO100
    BASS OVERDRIVE BOD100
    OVERDRIVE/DISTORTION OD100
    DISTORTION MODELER DM100
    ULTRA DISTORTION UD100
    ULTRA METAL UM100
    COMPRESSOR/SUSTAINER CS100
    GRAPHIC EQUALIZER EQ700
    ACOUSTIC MODELER AM100
    ULTRA OCTAVER UO100
    ULTRA TREMOLO UT100
    ULTRA CHORUS UC100
    ULTRA FLANGER UF100
    ULTRA PHASE SHIFTER UP100
    DIGITAL DELAY DD100
    DIGITAL REVERB DR100
    DIGITAL MULTI FX FX100
    INSTRUMENT/AMP SELECTOR AB100
    NOISE REDUCER NR100
    BLUES OVERDRIVE BO100
    BASS LIMITER/ENHANCER BLE100
    BASS GRAPHIC EQUALIZER BEQ700
    BASS CHORUS BCH100
    HELL-BABE HB01
    CHROMATIC TUNER TU100
    DUAL A/B SWITCH AB200

I'm interested in trying the tuner, the bass chorus, and the bass EQ pedal (at that price I may get more than one EQ for different sounds!)

BlueAran (http://www.bluearan.co.uk/sales/behringer/Behringer_-_Effects_Pedals.htm) are normally the cheapest UK seller for Behringer stuff - and they're pretty quick off the mark. The day I got the email from the Behringer website saying these first few pedals were released, BlueAran had them shown has 0 in stock, available in 6-8 days....

4. superfly

superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    I have the V-TONE BASS BDI21 .
    Its not built as well as a sansamp, but for $35 shipped its good enough. It makes the same tone as the Sansamp, the controls are not as sensitive though.
    If it breaks or gets stolen its no big deal for the $35.

5. Thurisarz

Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    Has anyone tried one yet? How is the pedal construction? "Built like a tank"? How is the sound quality of the stuff?

6. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    i saw an ad for the behringer stompboxes in guitar australia mag, and it pictured the bass overdrive too. i probably wont get one tho.

7. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    A Digital Delay for £22 is a steal ;) Even if it is Behringer, lol.

8. i got the bass driver for the fun of it really... i've been using it with my rig but really i wanted something to play with for direct recording. heck i'm impressed. it isn't as good as the sansamp but then it never was gonna be. the construction is good... it's is plastic but it's nice weight and no rattles. the switch seems alright... i've had it opn and it seems like a similar system to the one that boss uses only behringer have gone for the round plastic button rather than the sprung hinge. this could prove to be a probem but i'm not to bothered for less than £30

sound is pretty good, adds beef and it's pretty flexible. doesn't get very dirty, well it does but it starts to sound horrible. if i wasn't a poor student than i'd replace it with the sansamp without a second thought but heck if i had the money i'd just buy a tube amp! i'm not sure that i'd ever want to relly on it.

9. jerm

jerm

Jul 10, 2005
    I just ordered the bass overdrive for $25. I'll tell you how it goes. I don't really think you can go wrong for a $25 overdrive, I mean just to use occasionally. I'm looking to pick up the tuner and the bass driver eventually.

10. PaulF

PaulF

Nov 17, 2004
    Jerm - are the Bass OD's available anywhere yet?? :confused:

11. jerm

jerm

Jul 10, 2005
  12. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    Music123.com is showing the Bass Overdrive and the Blues Overdive as "in stock" on their website. They don't have any of the other pedals listed at all.

Bananas.com is showing several of the pedals as "new arrivals" but that does not mean they actually have them Since the site said the same thing about the C2 condenser mics and they have not shipped from Behringer yet (according to Behringer)

13. Pruitt

Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    For the price, I'd be interested in trying a few of these out. Hopefully as they become available, we can get some review threads going here on them. :)

14. PaulF

PaulF

Nov 17, 2004
    Most of the ones listed above are now 'in stock' at BlueAran....

15. Sako

Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Just ordered the Bass Overdrive from Music 123. For $20, I was more curious than anything. If it works well, cool. If not, no biggie.

16. Pruitt

Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    Heh heh... I was just looking at their website and about to do the same. For $20, what the hell... :D

17. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    Bass overdrive....yeah..i ordered it last night too... :p

Wanting to get the acoustic modeling pedal for fun.

18. Flea666

Flea666

Apr 21, 2005
    Lichfield, UK
    not gonna put any ones hopes down, but i was told by a friend who works in a music shop, that their behringer rep said its unlikly that they will arrive in the country, well i live in the uk so i dunno bout the other countries, unless they change the whole design of them, i hope they do, cus i wanna pickup a digital delay

19. Sako

Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    jerm- did you get the bass overdrive? what do you think of it?

i ordered one for the hell of it because they are so cheap but the retailer sent me the guitar version -- the OD100. they look the same, but knobs are different. anyway, when i noticed there was no blend knob, i figured it out. the guitar version has a mode knob that the bass does not -- it goes from OD to DS, with kinda of clean in the middle. it sounds pretty good on bass, although i couldn't crank it up tonight.

anyone try the bass version? curious to how that blend knob works out. i'm planning on getting a loooper with a blend pot for my dod250 and my future Big Muff (serious GAS). but if the BOD100 works, I'll wait til Christmas for the loooper.

20. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Same. Mind you I might build my own. At least you can say "I made this" rather than "I use Behringer!" :p