1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Berlin anyone?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Norwegianwood, Feb 28, 2008.

1. So, I´m moving to Berlin over the weekend, and I wonder if anyone are into the music scene there?

Know any good jams? Or any good bass teachers? Or anything in general I should know about the city?

Thanks...!:bassist:

2. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Jeff Berlin...? :p

3. Watch out for falling walls. Heard that happened once, the place hasnt been the same since :bag:

4. Irving Berlin?

5. LOL, guess I asked for it....

6. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Only 1 name matters in Berlin, David Hasselhoff.

[​IMG]

7. Hasselhof sucks soooo bad.

Anyway, might wanna contact this guy here via his website (janhirte.de).
    A guitarplayer I played with two years ago, he's part of the Bluesscene in Berlin. Just drop him a mail and ask for some info.
    A friend of mine is a singer in Berlin (nice lady btw) and she said, although the city is pretty big there's not that much going on in terms of gigs, sessions etc.
    Once you're there, you might wanna get some of these local papers that tell you which band is playing where and what kind of session is happening etc...
    Berlin has two Universities with a Jazzmusic program, so there're good players and teachers for both, electric and upright.
    I suppose you're staying a little longer or just a weekend trip?

8. Thanks!

I´ll definately email the jazz departement on those universities, if I find them.
    I will live there for five months, and if I enjoy it - longer. But for now it´s only one term as an exchange student...

9. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Remember to eat some currywurst, too.