1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best IEMs for bass?

Discussion in 'Accessories [BG] - NEW!' started by Irishrebel, Apr 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Irishrebel

Irishrebel

Apr 17, 2018
    I've decided to splash out and get really good moulded IEMs as I'm tired of the cheap ones I have that keep moving and change the bass dynamic in my ears. When I say splash out I'm still aiming to stay below four figures. Thinking around the £700-£800 mark. So much choice. I'd appreciate opinions on the best for bass players. Is a multi-driver setup always the best? Or better quality two- or three-driver setups?

I play fretless on a small worship stage in church with a full band (drums, bass, guitars, keys, vocals) being fed back to the in ear monitors.

2. hs123

hs123

Aug 11, 2011
    Westminster CO
    I've got some 3 driver IEM's that I got on sale from Westone, they are amazing compared to low end buds. I can't speak to how much better, custom multi-driver ones are, but the difference from single drive to 3 driver is night and day!

Irishrebel likes this.
  3. Irishrebel

Irishrebel

Apr 17, 2018
    The ones I have now are Denon dual drivers and they're better than singles by far, and good for the low price but my ears are weird and hard to get good fits. I only have to smile or speak and they move around quite a bit! I'm going for the moulded ones but I'm reading that you really need to go to an audiologist to get the mould done properly.

4. SwitchGear

SwitchGear Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    For playing bass, triple drivers have to much splash (for my ears). Two drivers are enough. Been using custom molds for years with just two drivers which is perfect for me.

Fun Size Nick and Irishrebel like this.
  5. Irishrebel

Irishrebel

Apr 17, 2018
    Interesting, thanks. Though I've already decided. Found an older thread on this and read quite a few reviews. I've settled on Westone ES50s. Tempted by ES60s but I have to make a cutoff point in my wallet at SOME stage. If the five drivers cause too much splash, I'll reduce the levels of the other instruments accordingly. These should be good enough to provide 5* audio listening too, perhaps.

hs123 likes this.