1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best Jazz Bass I've Played

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KingRazor, Jan 17, 2012.

1. The other day I went to my local music shop and played an MIM Fender Jazz bass...and it was amazing!

I've played like around a dozen Jazz basses in the past 2 or 3 years and this one was by far the best, better than any MIA I played.

The neck was extremely comfortable. Felt smaller than most other Jazz basses. The bass felt pretty light overall. Much lighter than my SX P bass.

Only problem it had was it had some fret buzz, but I think a new bass should always get a setup.

If I had had the money I would have snatched that up right away. But I don't have the money, or a job. So it was out of the question. :(

2. Rodize

Rodize

Jan 15, 2012
    USA
    I'm not surprised. After all, the Fender J-Bass is popular for being awesome. I would place it in the top 5 bass guitars overall.

3. Marton

Marton

Sep 20, 2005
    Quebec
    That's because you didn't played mine, that would be your favorite :p.

4. If that had been the first Jazz bass I played...I might not be a P bass man today.

5. No, mine would have been his fave. :spit: "N'yah, n'yah!"

6. Well, I still haven't tried a Lakland 44-60 yet...

7. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    I'm not surprised. My 2002 MIM Jazz Bass is excellent.

8. I've had sublime MIMs. As far as Fenders, country of origin seems to have very little to do with "keepers". Too bad you couldn't snag it!

9. aqsw

aqsw

May 28, 2006

No Mine would have!!!:bassist: This could go on forever.

Attached Files:

• sj4.
      sj4.jpg
      File size:
      29.5 KB
      Views:
  10. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Just wait til you try a Sadowsky....

11. More than likely, that will never happen. I've never seen one in real life. And I've been to every guitar shop within 10 miles of my house.

12. dropD1978

dropD1978

Jan 4, 2012
    i have a 94 mim and i just played a 2011 the other day the 2011 standard jass bass was no where close to the quality my 94 has

13. Dave Campbell

Dave Campbell

Jul 13, 2006
    I still think about the neck on my long-gone mid-90's blue Jazz - sold it 10 years ago to make way for a Geddy Lee which I bought sight unseen and was shocked at how different that felt.

Had I instead upgraded the pickups in the MIM I would have been way happier. But alas, hindsight... :rollno:

I bought that thing for $200 at the time too.

14. My '99 MIM Jazz V is the best sounding jazz (not playing) I've ever played. Although the B is a bit overpowering.

15. Well, my Jazz is better than yours, anyway.

16. lweastdad

lweastdad Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2011
    My favorite is the one I play most. 1975 reissue made in 2010.

17. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    1993 cij jb62

18. takeout

takeout Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Kansas City area
    My white Marcus.

19. Duke21

Duke21