Billy Sheehan to Peter Hook

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Tituscrow, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Inactive

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    How high/low do YOU sling?

2. electracoyote

electracoyote Supporting Member

Mid waist, neck straight out at a right angle, like Clapton.

3. maxiegrant

maxiegrant Bassist in Transition

Nov 26, 2007
    Sellersburg, IN
    I keep it a few inches lower than it would be if I were sitting down.

Too high, and my right wrist starts to hurt. Too low, and my left wrist. I figure making those guys comfortable is priority #1.

4. Mine is in exactly the same place sitting or standing. I found it made a lot of sense in the Sheenan video when he says he see's a lot of guys sit and practice something hard and then get out on stage and it's just not happening. they don't seem to understand if the bass moves you have to learn to play in BOTH positions rather than perfecting just one.

Playing the bass in ONE position is hard enough already, why complicate things on purpose.

-eSmith.

5. StevieMac

StevieMac

Mar 17, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    THIS

6. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    Higher now than I used to. With the same bass.

It's pretty funny cause the back of my 78 P-Bass has two distinct patches of buckle rash and there's a good 2 inches of difference between the two.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021