Boss GT-1B Patches

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Knaggsy12, Sep 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Knaggsy12

Knaggsy12

May 23, 2017
    Hi all, thought I'd put some patch settings up here for the fairly new Boss GT-1B.

Dakota Intro 3 Effects
    FX2 Flanger
    Rate: 15 Depth: 70 Res 88 Man 71 Low cut: flat E.Level 80 D.Level 0

Delay
    Time: 400ms. FB: 50. E.Level 52. High Cut: 600hz

Reverb
    Type: Plate. Time: 1.6s. E.Level 50 Low Cut: 160htz High Cut. 4Khtz

Duff Chorus 1 Effect
    Chorus
    Rate:20. Depth:75. E.level:100. Mode: Mono Low Cut: Flat. High Cut: Flat

Right, they probably ain't amazing settings but I'm totally happy for anyone's suggestions. I just want to get the ball rolling.

Regards

Ian

2. I have to be honest, it's easier to get blood out a stone, to pass a bassman through the eye of a needle and get the truth out of a politician than it is to get any conversation going here about the Boss GT-1B, but, when I get mine (finally), I'll be sure to participate in this thread :)

gadgetgirl and Knaggsy12 like this.
  3. gadgetgirl

gadgetgirl

Dec 1, 2005
    East Coast
    Does anyone have a list of the user presets (u1-99) vs the Preset Patches (P1-P99)? The Patches are listed in the manual but there's no list of U 1-U99 presets which can be modified. Thanks!

4. Knaggsy12

Knaggsy12

May 23, 2017

The user patches and preset patches are the same. The preset patches can't be altered but the user ones can.

There is a separate parameters PDF download on the boss website which gives more info on the patches.

Hope this helps

BrentSimons and gadgetgirl like this.
  5. gadgetgirl

gadgetgirl

Dec 1, 2005
    East Coast
    Thanks I will check out.

6. Agosix

Agosix Supporting Member

May 7, 2013
    Woodhaven NY
    I am trying to get the wah pedal to work..any advice. I tryed the manual but it does not seem to respond..unless I am missing something.

7. ChubbyJerk

ChubbyJerk Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Press the toe down to engage the wah. (Press it hard. Like, put all your weight on it.)

Is it only working as a volume or not working as anything?

Agosix likes this.
  8. With the GT 1 for guitar I worked out a way to calibrate it so it was right for me:

I edited the calibration settings, and 0 was with it right back, 100 was ALMOST fully forward but I used a thick pick or credit card to get a small gap, so that it has a minor threshold, and then I played with the sensitivity, trial and error. I have tonchange it for different surfaces to make it easy to turn on wah but not so easy that it engages every time I use the volume pedal. Somewhere between 12-16 should do it.

9. Knaggsy12

Knaggsy12

May 23, 2017
    In the settings you can control what the pedal does, you may need to make sure that the wah has been assigned to it.

Agosix likes this.
  10. Agosix

Agosix Supporting Member

May 7, 2013
    Woodhaven NY
    Damn that was easy and it works! Thx

11. Agosix

Agosix Supporting Member

May 7, 2013
    Woodhaven NY
    Yes I have done that but all I had to do was to step hard on the pedal to get the wah going as advised by chubbyjerk above..thx to all it was simple.

12. Agosix

Agosix Supporting Member

May 7, 2013
    Woodhaven NY
    I asked this question before in another Zoom thread mistakenly. So I will ask here as well. Can the GT1b have the three buttons assigned as a stomp box for each where I can assign 3 patches per pedal based on categories such 3 clean tones, 3 overdrives, 3 modulation. If not then I was thinking of copying a clean tone say every other patch and then adjacent put a modulation, overdrive, etc, basically pairing patches so I can scroll between the two effects. ..clean to effect. Normally I do not have patience for multi boxes but I want to try this one.

13. Knaggsy12

Knaggsy12

May 23, 2017
    The pedal can't do what you first describe (act as 3 different pedals) as there is only one display to tell you what effect/patch is being used. It would be quite confusing like that.

However, you can use the Ctrl switch (the right switch) to turn certain effects on/off within a patch. You could also create different patches and switch between them.
    Hope this helps.

Agosix likes this.
  14. Agosix

Agosix Supporting Member

May 7, 2013
    Woodhaven NY
    I think I'll create the patches and go place a clean patch in between each patch. Thx!

15. Knaggsy12

Knaggsy12

May 23, 2017

Hi All,

After playing around for a bit I have made some improvements to my Dakota patch

Dakota Intro (2 Effects)
    FX2 Flanger
    Rate: 25 Depth: 50 Res 80 Man 75 Low cut: 110Hz E.Level 50 D.Level 0

OD/DS
    Type: AB- Dist Drive: 25 E.Level: 18
    Tone: 0 Bottom: 0 D.Level: 0

This seemed to sound better in a live situation. I assigned the flanger to CTL1 and turned it off during main part if the song.

16. EamusCatuli

EamusCatuli

Mar 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Just want to make sure I get updates on this thread. New owner of GT-1B. It's my first multi-effect pedal so I'm swimming in deep water at the moment.

17. Knaggsy12

Knaggsy12

May 23, 2017
    Its a great pedal, I love it so far and my sound has improved. I think the on board patches are OK for inspiration but they are all different levels etc. I'll make my own patches I think. Its so flexible and I don't know the half of it.

18. BasEd

BasEd

Jun 27, 2017
    The up, down, ctl, pedal and pedal switch (when you press it hard) can all be assigned different effects so it's like having five stomp boxes. It does mean you can't use up/down to toggle through the patches but can do this with the left dial. There are only two FX banks so there is a limit to what you can assign to each of the above stomp switches.

Agosix likes this.
  19. Agosix

Agosix Supporting Member

May 7, 2013
    Woodhaven NY
    Sounds interesting and will have to dig into this. Thx!

20. It's handy to get an fs7 to have a few more footswitches.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021