1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boss Limiter/ Ehancer

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by disfiguredmetal, Mar 24, 2009.

1. disfiguredmetal

disfiguredmetal

Sep 23, 2006
    hey so ayone here use the Boss limiter/enhacer? i was wondering how much of a difference it makes in tone and wha kinda difference it actually makes. i play in a metal band and was considering purchasing this pedal, just wated to get some real reviews / insight on it.

-Adam

2. I’ve used it for a couple of months. I don’t think it’s changed my tone, but I’m starting to hate the little pop it makes when the limiter kicks in. I play hard rock and it helps keep my notes even.

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Check out the FAQ and review linked in my sig.

4. I'm using it at the moment and I play metal. I'm not really happy with it because I don't think it is very articulate sounding (it sounds a bit muddy to me).

It is quite good considdering the price I guess

5. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    I've got an LMB-3 on my board and it does the job. Doesn't do anything for my sound but it's really only there to keep feedback and resonant filter peaks in check.

6. Toastfuzz

Toastfuzz

Jul 20, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I was trying this out yesterday at a store, along with the Boss guitar compressor and MXR compressors. They don't affect your tone very much (the guy there even told me if it changes your tone you're using too much compression) but I couldnt justify the $80-$100 they all cost. Maybe when I'm a more serious musician I'd throw it on but for now I'm goin straight into fuzz > envelope filter > delay with no sympathy.

7. Commreman

Commreman Faith, Family, Fitness, and Frets Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    I've had one in my board forever. It's a great little pedal. I'm currently in a soul/R&B/rock act, but I've used this pedal in a metal setting and it worked just fine. Set the threshold in accordance with your technique, and you should be OK. Some people don't like the enhance feature. If you don't "dime" it, but instead use it as a mild seasoning (jeez, I sound like a combination of Speed Network and the Food Channel) it can be quite a useful and musical feature.